• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If they wanted IT to save the world they shouldn't have fooked it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they wanted IT to save the world they shouldn't have fooked it

CUK Front page

Ministers will call upon the IT industry to renew the countries domestic product as its dominant growth engine, and make IT the new focus.
    It's a shame that a little while ago they decided that IT is not a wealth-creating business, just a cost to the real business.

Originally posted by expat View Post
    CUK Front page

It's a shame that a little while ago they decided that IT is not a wealth-creating business, just a cost to the real business.
    Technology, Biotech, Pharms and renewable energy

This will get immense focus over the coming months and years as the UK has the people and potential to lead these areas.

On a side note I mentioned on here about UK Banks and their outsourced IT bods? Well a little birdy in a well known retail bank tells me from a good source that the Government has been making enquiries on giving tax breaks to all those that bring it back onshore [in english that means "we saved your ass, we are asking nicely - just fking do it]

Comment

Liability,

'On a side note I mentioned on here about UK Banks and their outsourced IT bods? Well a little birdy in a well known retail bank tells me from a good source that the Government has been making enquiries on giving tax breaks to all those that bring it back onshore [in english that means "we saved your ass, we are asking nicely - just fking do it]'

I hope this is true, it only makes sense, and if it is true it is fantastic news

Labour will win the election if they start behaving like this.

Good on them.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
        On a side note I mentioned on here about UK Banks and their outsourced IT bods? Well a little birdy in a well known retail bank tells me from a good source that the Government has been making enquiries on giving tax breaks to all those that bring it back onshore [in english that means "we saved your ass, we are asking nicely - just fking do it]
        Yeah, right.

The closest that is going to be to the truth is when some heaves went round to remind company exec's to be prompt with their party donations/bribes this month or suffer the consequences.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I only report what my well placed senior source says guys. It does make sense but lets see what happens.

Remember that USA will also be introducing this IF Obama comes in - tax breaks for keeping jobs at Home. I can see GB and Co now pushing for this as well..in the current climate you look after the locals and then feed the remotes when there is surplus. As we now have issues at home - lets think about keeping these jobs for the local tax paying people regardless of colour, caste or creed.

If Labour do this and announce it - I think it would do come across really well and win them votes without a doubt.

Another thing - the political landscape has changed. Alot on here talk about Economy etc but very few talk about the landscape and rules of engagement now.

See - 12 months ago if you were in Government and wanted say a Bank to do something for you, you had to play the cards right. Now, as without the Government they wouldn't exist, things have changed. Next will be the Energy companies. Notice how arrogant they all are? Remember how they all shunned GB and Co for the energy saving bill for OAPs? Well lets just wait and see how things change for them as well over the next 12 months.

As much as money and power are important there is one thing that bows down and that is the power of the Crown. Not sure how many on here will know what this means - but if UK is at risk of total meltdown we will get to see things being done that in usual circumstances wouldnt have been possible...Politics is very dirty - but you impact the British Sovereign and youll know about it.

Sounds dead conspiracy theory dont it -lol - but truth will be shown in the coming months ahead.

Comment

oh dear

Liability, are you from Wales ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
              Well as the government effectively own several major banks I expect this could well be on the cards. And several other politically motivated moves too, which long term means, optimistically, buy Barclay's, HSBC shares.
              Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                oh dear

Liability, are you from Wales ?

Milan.
                Lol - I know it sounds well conspiracy - but if you look at trends and what is occuring you'll just see it yourself.

For 20 years people thought that the NAU [North American Union] and the introduction of the Amero [and dumping the USD] was conspiracy theory - and STILL DO - but within the next 10-15 years this will happen - even Bush had no choice but to speak on this issue recently which the media missed on purpose.

But you'll all think Im a looney till it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                  Well as the government effectively own several major banks I expect this could well be on the cards. And several other politically motivated moves too, which long term means, optimistically, buy Barclay's, HSBC shares.
                  It makes sense to me - and is the right thing to do.

I dont see HSBC collapsing in all honesty - they have some extremely powerful players from the East to ensure it does not.

Barclays? Well they seem to be in be with the middle east and based on what was reported today - I can't see them being in issues anytime soon. Don't forget also that the Lehman outfit they bought will be a cash cow for them when things recover - which is sooner than people think in their market.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                    Not just like that, I don't think so. When you see the sweet deal that HMG wrote themselves for the other banks (12% preference shares!) I don't see them just taking a number and buying at market. Not at least without destroying the value first.

Comment

Working...
                    X