• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Perm Role Advertised as Contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perm Role Advertised as Contract

Have been dealing with Agency X regarding a role at Company X.

Had a call late last night telling me where role was but it is now a perm role.

Having known a colleague who has been for interview for this position I know this has been open for some time and that they have done this purely to get CV's in.

When we spoke he went on to tell me how X salary was brilliant in this current market etc etc.... and I advised it was less than my last perm role.

Just recieved an email this morning confirming he can put me forward. So I said no.

Now hes just come back saying I will put you forward for 10K more....

Any body else seen this blatent example of lying???
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Recruitment consultants were sent to punish us all!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Subject: RE: IT Manager XXXXXXXXXXX
    Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 08:38:16 +0000
    To: [email protected]

Hi contractor,

What salary would have to be offered for you to consider this position? I think you’re a really strong candidate, so if I could put you across for 70K, would you see this as acceptable?

Kind regards,

Agent

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: RE: IT Manager XXXXXXXXXXX
    Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 08:30:16 +0000
    To: [email protected]

Hi Agent,

No thank you.

I would like to with draw my application for this position.

Unfortuantely the role would offer me no variation or ability to learn new skills and plus would be on a similar salary (if not less) as my last perminant role.

I am aware that this role has been open for some time and indeed I know of a colleague who has already attended an interview with this client.

I suspect this may be why the role was advertised as contract.

Although I am not closed mind to permenant positions, a permenant role would have to be an advancement on my career which this role is not.

Comment

An agent called me about a similar role yesterday...the funny thing was that he gave me the exact same chat too!

Was contract but I have spoken to X manager and Y company and now its perm...

BULLTIP!

Name and shame time.....my agent was from Aston Carter

KL
      "His fame rested on solid personal achievements...."

Comment

Originally posted by Crusoe101 View Post
        Although I am not closed mind to permenant positions, a permenant role would have to be an advancement on my career which this role is not.
        I hope you ran that through the spellchecker before you sent it
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Well, my contract was really after a permie person.

I cracked after 6 months, but, more than happy to accept as it really is advancing my career - felt very relieved to break out of monkey testing and focus on quality processes, so I consider it a result.

Plan is to get skilled up, then booger off after 2-3 years when the market is a little calmer.

£70K is a lot of wongas for a permie role......

Comment

You dont have to spell to be an IT service manager or Service Delivery manager.....

Plus theres no dam Spell check on hotmail.....

70K for investment IT in management?????

Comment

Kanu, you read my mind....

Same agency!

Comment

Yeap - went for an interview for a role for a 6 month role and then the agent said it was now foe a 'fixed Term' contract 18-24 months and they wanted me back for a 2nd interview.

I declined! I do not want to do a fixed term contract on a permi wage without permie benefits.

Role was advertised for a good 2 weeks after.
                Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

I'd be happy to accept a permie position, but since I actually prefer contracting for non-monetary reasons, the salary would have to be considerably better than a good year's contracting.

For some reason this never seems to be what they had in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow (a fictional character) View Post
                    blah blah blah..... felt very relieved to break out of monkey testing
                    Animal testing! Crikey.

Originally posted by Wilmslow (a fictional character) View Post
                    £70K is a lot of wongas for a permie role......
                    Is it? ......is it really .....

Comment

Working...
                    X