• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ohh man

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ohh man

Got in this morning and some permie goon in the US has deleted a weeks worth of my work.

Originally posted by Badger View Post
    Got in this morning and some permie goon in the US has deleted a weeks worth of my work.
    MDK MDK MDK MDK!!!!!!!!!!!! (Think Demolition man)
    "His fame rested on solid personal achievements...."

Comment

Don't get mad... this is work you'll have to re-do. This is contract security.
      Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

No problem, go back to backup

Comment

I was freeing up some space on an overused drive today, and some contractor has just gone mad at me saying I deleted his work. The numpty hadn't checked anything into CVS for over a week!
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Er!

You did create a Backup didn't you Badger?
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
              I was freeing up some space on an overused drive today, and some contractor has just gone mad at me saying I deleted his work. The numpty hadn't checked anything into CVS for over a week!
              "His fame rested on solid personal achievements...."

Comment

Guys, just do the work again and get paid for it. Be glad that most large organisations are so badly managed nobody will notice or even care anyway.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  No problem, go back to backup
                  They don't backup their development environment. It's all server based as well so I have no local copy. But as TBYJ says, looks good from a contract point of view, just a pain in the to re do the work.

Damn you Ruprect :-)

Comment

didnt you backup?

I dont care where its placed and who does what - I ALWAYS backup - you cant rely on idiotic people.

Comment

Working...
                    X