• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The most odd/boring person you have ever worked with

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The most odd/boring person you have ever worked with

I'll start

About 12 years ago I worked with a woman called Deborah, epitomy of a plain Jane, early 30s at the time but could have passed for 40s, wirey hair, middle aged clothes absolutely no sex appeal. So, the personality must have been strong?.. NO!..would walk past your desk in the morning, no hello, no goodbye in the evening. Any excuse to avoid contact with any other member of staff. Never came to lunch, never came for drinks. If she did speak it would usually be some sacastic comment.

I once found out, she had witnessed a violent attack outside her house. A group of masked criminals had dragged a guy out of the next door house and beat him about the body with baseball bats then bundled him into a car. the next day she came into work like nothing had happened. Most people would be a little shaken or feel the need to tell people about it.

This woman was a complete none person. Wonder if she considered contracting

God I'm bored!
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

A chap who came from Cheshire, drove a grey Ford Focus and his shoes smelt of wee. Kept banging on about his neighbours and his parking problems

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
      A chap who came from Cheshire, drove a grey Ford Focus and his shoes smelt of wee. Kept banging on about his neighbours and his parking problems

You worked with Wilmslow?!?
      Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

The oddest contractor was a bloke who used to pound the keys with such force it was a miracle to me that his keyboard survived.
        When not doing that he used to spend his day on the phone to agents (at least that's who we think he was talking to) saying things like "tell them to fook it, I'm not doing it for less than £750 a day plus expenses" very loudly.

We were sat in room of poorly paid (albeit useless) permies. He didn't get a renewal.

Comment

I once worked with a Aussie guy who stood up in a long and droning review meeting and said
          "Ah FFS this is a load of bollocks I'm out of here"
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I think the ICT industry attracts oddballs of all sorts, but the wierdest I ever met was a German guy who wore the same suit every day for months on end, growing smellier and grimier by the day. Before long the test team had a ‘bug of the week’ award which was usually a bottle of wine, and a ‘prat of the week’ award which was to sit next to ‘Mr Schmelly’ as he was known. The guy never seemed to question why nobody ever sat next to him for more than one day, and when they did they’d try to get themselves planned in for useless meetings with someone else all day. I don’t think he was ever invited to meetings. He drove a convertible car which, despite being brand new, was a skip on wheels, filled with fast food waste, mouldy half eaten pizzas and fag ends.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I am currently working with THE MOST irritating man in the universe. He is fairly new, yet somehow seems to know everything, without actually having achieved anything. He thinks we're "in it together" as we're both contractors and initiates the most inane chit chat at any opportunity; you can't walk past his desk without being stopped to be told about his local rugby team/his car/his wife and how much she drinks/the dead pigeon outside blah blah blah. Argh.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Last year - guy from a very well known sauce hardware manufacturer walked into our offices at the time - he was with his Sales Director and said something along the lines of the following - I KID YOU NOT

"Right, What I need is every one of you to be quiet and listen to what I have to say as I am the expert and what I say is right; and the reason I am here is because none of you have a clue what you are doing"

At this stage we all looked at each other thinking "he is 'aving a laugh" but nope! He was dead serious!

The Programme Director says "Lets hear it then"

He then went on about how "his" solution was the best for about 45 mins totally ignoring our questions and comments.

At the end of the 45 mins the main Director just replied "Thanks, off you go."

It was just a class act! He didnt know what to say! LOL

Suffice to say he was removed from our account and subsequently fired from the sauce manufacturer.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                  I am currently working with THE MOST irritating man in the universe. He is fairly new, yet somehow seems to know everything, without actually having achieved anything. He thinks we're "in it together" as we're both contractors and initiates the most inane chit chat at any opportunity; you can't walk past his desk without being stopped to be told about his local rugby team/his car/his wife and how much she drinks/the dead pigeon outside blah blah blah. Argh.
                  I think I'm going to cry. I thought you liked me.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                    He thinks we're "in it together"
                    He fancies you.
                    Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Working...
                    X