• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Private Pilots License

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Private Pilots License

anyone got one?

where did you do the training?

I can see the bench on the horizon and need something interesting to do.

Originally posted by Fishface View Post
    I can see the bench on the horizon
    You're flying too low!!

Comment

Get a remote control Plane and stick a polaroid photo of yourself on the windscreen to give you an idea what it might be like.

When You've got the hang of that try one of those coin operated childrens rides like you get at Blackpool

Now it's time to hyjack your first plane Al Queda style.
      Last edited by Bagpuss; 31 October 2008, 13:53.
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post

Now it's time to hyjack your first plane Al Queda style.
        I'm not sure a fiery death for all concerned is my idea of bench time well spent. YMMV
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I haven't done it (keep meaning to get around to it) yet. Your options are do it here (or elsewhere in Europe) or go to the US where it may well be cheaper (if you plan on doing it all at once) since some places have more reliable weather and you need good visibility for learning.

Have a look on pprune - they have a section for this stuff - a search will provide plenty of material.

We spell it licence in this country, by the way

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
            I haven't done it (keep meaning to get around to it) yet. Your options are do it here (or elsewhere in Europe) or go to the US where it may well be cheaper (if you plan on doing it all at once) since some places have more reliable weather and you need good visibility for learning.

Have a look on pprune - they have a section for this stuff - a search will provide plenty of material.

We spell it licence in this country, by the way
            An acquaintance did his licence course intensively in Texas, which allows a fairly simple conversion for the CAA in the UK. One advantage of doing it there was that you could spend more time actually flying - if you do it in the SE, you spend a lot of time talking to air traffic control getting routed away from commercial traffic, especially if you're anywhere near a bigger airfield.

Secondly, its generally cheaper to do it in the US, though whether that still applies at the current exchange rate () I'm not sure.

HTH

Comment

My mother in law is a test pilot in a broom factory. She's trying to add 16 hours to her log book tomorrow night.

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by basshead View Post
                You're flying too low!!
                B00med!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishface View Post
                  anyone got one?

where did you do the training?

I can see the bench on the horizon and need something interesting to do.

That's the spirit. Spend spend spend whilst on the bench.

Your Economy Needs You (well it needs your savings spent).

Comment

Working...
                  X