• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

T.o.a.d

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T.o.a.d

We have got TOAD at work and i'm haivng trouble querying a view on a database...Although the view is there and contains data (proved by using SQL developer client) when i query it in TOAD no data is returned.

Any ideas why this would be and how to resolve it ? It bound to be a checkbox somewhere

Big Thanks in Advance
    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

views don't contain data

back to the problem... I've not got much in the way of TOAD experience but consider these:

are you connecting using the same user through the SQL client and TOAD?

in your TOAD connection options have a look for things like ANSI NULLS and collation these might effect query results
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Silly question but have you selected the correct DB from the DB drop down in the Editor tool bar?

As a non-techie this caught me out when I used it!!!!!!!
      Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Yep selected the right Database....and using the same log in as the other Client connection that can view the contents of a View query

???? Any more suggestions ????
        Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Used TOAD here too. It's a bag'o'tulipe. Switched to Aqua Data Studio (freebie). Much happier bunny.

Comment

What happens when you run the query? Do you see "0 rows returned" on the toolbar at the bottom? Can you see data in the view when you use schema browser and list the tables?

Comment

Aqua data studio free ? My A*se - I donwloaded it and its a 14 day eval. AND it's a sloooooow java app. S0d that. Anyway, nothing wrong with TOAD. From what's been described this seems to be a wrong schema thing.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
                Used TOAD here too. It's a bag'o'tulipe. Switched to Aqua Data Studio (freebie). Much happier bunny.
                Thanks! Will check it out. TOAD is plop.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l View Post
                  We have got TOAD at work and i'm haivng trouble querying a view on a database...Although the view is there and contains data (proved by using SQL developer client) when i query it in TOAD no data is returned.

Any ideas why this would be and how to resolve it ? It bound to be a checkbox somewhere

Big Thanks in Advance
                  If it's the correct schema and the underlying tables contain data and the query SHOULD return data, then time to think about VPD.

Comment

Have you tried comparing other tables / views using both client tools. Do you get similar results?

Are you using the same connection methods TNS, basic, JDBC Url etc between the two client tools?

Comment

Working...
                    X