• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hewlett-Packard cuts 968 UK posts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hewlett-Packard cuts 968 UK posts

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4241498.stm

Most of the UK job losses are set to go in human resources, IT and finance, and the company said it did not know how many of the redundancies would be compulsory.

Hmmm, all easily outsourced no doubt. Tony and Gordon will be please to see these jobs go abroad.

My only hope is that 968 people affected are all Labour voters.

If they're leather armpatched, peruvian hat wearing, fairtrade coffee drinking liberals from Human Remains, then there's a good chance they will be.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

HR is likely to get boosted to make sure amount going to redandancies is minimised without breaking any laws.

Meanwhile I like the fact that the Labour Govt still has laws allowing to cap maximum weekly payout to something like 230 quid a week. Companies can pay more, but why should they? Unless of course we talking directors who get golden parachutes and what not.

I have not lived enough under Conservative Govt so could be wrong, but it seems to be that New Labour is very much conservative, which is why the Cons can't top them as they so used to.

Comment

I think this is largely down to Carly.

Comment

Working...
        X