• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

4% Stella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4% Stella

The Belgians will be pissing themselves at us catering for the Fosters/Carling chav market.

I'm composing a strong letter (5.2%) to the Times.
    Blood in your poo

Good on'em, There's a demand for this type of pilsener in the lunchtime market. Becks do it so why shouldn't they.

What pilse do you take at lunchtime? maybe there should be a poll for our favourite lunch beer?

Comment

If I do drink beer at lunchtime I certainly don't drink anything lagerish unless it's a very hot day. If it is very hot odds are I drink something soft anyway.

I couldn't care less about them making a 4% Stella, it's hardly a particularly special beer and I don't make any effort to drink beers because of their strength, it's the taste I buy beer for.

Comment

I do like how a few years ago most lagers were ~4%... Carlsberg, Heineken etc. Then they all got replaced with "continental" versions at 5%. Now they are all being replaced with 4% versions.

I do like Becks Vier though.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Much as I like the stronger lagers, I have come to the following conclusion: the strength is required to mask the inferior quality.

I got fed up with real ales a while back, but I'm coming back to them now. If you want taste without going overboard on the % then bitters & porters are the way forward.

I kept noticing that my favourite lagers were getting stronger and stronger - that's because the old addage was true all along - lager is pish! Any lager below 5% tastes thin and bland. Now you are starting to see more 5.5 - 6% lagers appearing - bad news for more than 1 or 2.

So with lager you really are just buying tramp juice - no wonder I was starting to get worse hangovers when I went out (thought it was an age thing - I now realise I was drinking twice as much alcohol over an evening!).

Still can't grow a beard though.

Comment

I'll stick to Guinness
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
              Much as I like the stronger lagers, I have come to the following conclusion: the strength is required to mask the inferior quality.

I got fed up with real ales a while back, but I'm coming back to them now. If you want taste without going overboard on the % then bitters & porters are the way forward.

I kept noticing that my favourite lagers were getting stronger and stronger - that's because the old addage was true all along - lager is pish! Any lager below 5% tastes thin and bland. Now you are starting to see more 5.5 - 6% lagers appearing - bad news for more than 1 or 2.

So with lager you really are just buying tramp juice - no wonder I was starting to get worse hangovers when I went out (thought it was an age thing - I now realise I was drinking twice as much alcohol over an evening!).

There's some very nice organic cider about which I find doesn't give me a hangover. Then again, neither does magners, but it does taste like tulipe.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Larger even at 5% is a girlies drink!

Stick to propper british 'real ale' if you want a good tasting strong beer. Not this continental 'pop.'
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post

100% correct.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                    Larger even at 5% is a girlies drink!

Stick to propper british 'real ale' if you want a good tasting strong beer. Not this continental 'pop.'
                    How about some facts? I would suggest that you do some reading up on beers first and then comment. As a starting point. because beer is mostly water a lot depends on where it is brewed.

Second point most British beers are brewed in a hurry and the fermention is killed of artifically; this is not the case in most European countries that have far better regulations.

Many European brands are brewed in the UK and ****ed-up and so are not the same as the original brand.

I have many other points but that's enough for now.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X