• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The worst thing about being 'on-call OOH'.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The worst thing about being 'on-call OOH'.....

Is that I feel like a house prisoner!

Been on calls from 10PM thru to 2AM and back again at 10AM til now.....

What's the weather like outside?

As an incident escalation manager it's even worse as your supposed to be on the call the quickest and organise the troops

Anyone else in this sorry position?

KL
    "His fame rested on solid personal achievements...."

Originally posted by kanulondon View Post
    Is that I feel like a house prisoner!

Been on calls from 10PM thru to 2AM and back again at 10AM til now.....

What's the weather like outside?

As an incident escalation manager it's even worse as your supposed to be on the call the quickest and organise the troops

Anyone else in this sorry position?

KL
    Why must you be inside when on-call? I can do anything outside the house as I can do in. Get organised man!
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      Why must you be inside when on-call? I can do anything outside the house as I can do in. Get organised man!

Used to be like that a few years ago when I was a techie but can't get away with that as management

KL
      "His fame rested on solid personal achievements...."

Comment

Originally posted by kanulondon View Post
        Used to be like that a few years ago when I was a techie but can't get away with that as management

Strike one up for us code monkeys!

I even resist the slightest offers of becoming Team Leader, as that's the slippery slope to paper shuffling, endless boring meetings about nothing, and having to pretend you give a tulip about the company you work for. Only mugs actually do give a tulip about a company, unless they own it.

So next time you're on call overnight, nothing's going to happen anyway. Just go to bed and in the unlikely event they do wake you up, just tell them you were slow at answering the phone because you were having a dump.
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
        X