• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We think we ( the west) are ahead of the Middle east and yet we let em do our arses.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We think we ( the west) are ahead of the Middle east and yet we let em do our arses.

When the prices rocketed earlier this year few things became evident.

Bmw introduced BMW efficient dynamics which brought down Co2 and up MPG by at least 30 percent. Yet performance was up 5 percent at least.

An electric car is shown that can do 3.5 secs to 62 miles ph and has 250 miles run on a single battery.

Sooo ... the technology can be developed rather quickly but still we pay the Arabs a fortune..

discuss.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7704786.stm
    Last edited by juststarting; 3 November 2008, 01:30.

Hmm... let's examine this post step-by-step.

Originally posted by juststarting View Post
    When the prices rocketed earlier this year few things became evident.
    Did you mean to say "a few things became evident"? Otherwise you seem to be implying mystification, bewilderment, bafflement, bemusement, and a lack of anything to talk about on your part, which isn't a good starting point for a disquisition.

Bmw introduced BMW efficient dynamics which brought down Co2 and up MPG by at least 30 percent. Yet performance was up 5 percent at least.
    What is the relationship between "Bmw" (mixed case) and "BMW" (upper case)? Are they in fact the same thing? If so, why did you not feel it necessary to correct your typing errors? Could it be because you don't think what you have to say is worthy of a few seconds of care and attention? If you don't think it worth that much effort, why should we bother reading it?

An electric car is shown that can do 3.5 secs to 62 miles ph and has 250 miles run on a single battery.
    Shown by whom? Shown in what context? Is it merely a proof-of-concept vehicle that could never be a commercially viable proposition? Or is it a production vehicle that I can go out and buy tomorrow? You tell us none of these things.

Sooo ... the technology can be developed rather quickly but still we pay the Arabs a fortune..
    Oh, I see - you hate foreigners but are incapable of constructing a reasoned argument. Sorry, I thought you were making a point. My bad

discuss.
    Done & done

Comment

Comment

I still think we need nuclear/coal power stations : then we can dump the arabas and ruskies who hold us over a (oil) barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I still think we need nuclear/coal power stations : then we can dump the arabas and ruskies who hold us over a (oil) barrel.
          This is what is happening in the background. The issues on our Oil dependency have and are escalated to the highest levels in the UK right now - and the Government got a good kick in the back side when Oil was at $140. Did you not notice the sudden change in nuclear power and how it is now an option lol. Any government knows that if oil stays at $140+ a barrel after around the 8-12 month mark the entire nation is impacted severely - now just imagine if it was $200 and $300 a barrel. Scary! UK would pretty much come to a standstill.

Comment

What is the relationship between "Bmw" (mixed case) and "BMW" (upper case)? Are they in fact the same thing? If so, why did you not feel it necessary to correct your typing errors? Could it be because you don't think what you have to say is worthy of a few seconds of care and attention? If you don't think it worth that much effort, why should we bother reading it?
            Get a life you sad lonely old man.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
              Get a life you sad lonely old man.
              WHS

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Hmm... let's examine this post step-by-step.

Did you mean to say "a few things became evident"? Otherwise you seem to be implying mystification, bewilderment, bafflement, bemusement, and a lack of anything to talk about on your part, which isn't a good starting point for a disquisition.

Shown by whom? Shown in what context? Is it merely a proof-of-concept vehicle that could never be a commercially viable proposition? Or is it a production vehicle that I can go out and buy tomorrow? You tell us none of these things.

Oh, I see - you hate foreigners but are incapable of constructing a reasoned argument. Sorry, I thought you were making a point. My bad

Done & done

this should win post of the day or week/year.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post

this should win post of the day or week/year.
                  Middle of the night!!
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                  X