• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Worst hotel?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst hotel?

Looking for once a fortnight cheap and cheerful digs in Leeds area – not spent the night here, but, the review makes flowery twats look nice….

http://www.laterooms.com/en/hotel-re...yorkshire.aspx

Would prefer the Etap I think…..

Anyone actually been to anywhere like this?

I like the comment about the dog fight in the bar…..

If you want to stay in Leeds, don't stay in Rotherham.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
      The Leeds Etap is just as bad as the others. The Travelodge is said to be respectable.
      You won't get both "cheap" and "cheerful" in Leeds - it's one or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
        Looking for once a fortnight cheap and cheerful digs in Leeds area – not spent the night here, but, the review makes flowery twats look nice….

http://www.laterooms.com/en/hotel-re...yorkshire.aspx

Anyone actually been to anywhere like this?

I like the comment about the dog fight in the bar…..

Manchester to Leeds is a commute, you will wreck your bottom line if you carry on like this. Jeez the youth of today

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          Manchester to Leeds is a commute, you will wreck your bottom line if you carry on like this. Jeez the youth of today

Well, I do it as a commute most days, but, stay over once a fortnight so I can do a shift with the Leeds Childline. I have been with them for around 3 years, and the regular Saturday shift I used to do with Manchester base has now changed to another day, hence I do one mid-week shift with Manchester, then another with Leeds. I like volunteering at two bases as it gives me a lot more variety, and, also a welcome break from driving once in a while. (The Leeds base is literally next to the Etap, hence tolerable due to the location!)

Hey, I am no Manc, I am in Cheshire!!!

Comment

I don't know but I avoid Best Western hotels wherever possible; they're generally dreadful.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

ETAP isnt bad apart from its location

Wouldnt advise wondering around there late on a night, only a click away from Halton Moor.....

Most ones in the city centre are ok, depends what your budget is
              ---------------------------------------------------
              Recruitment consultants were sent to punish us all!

Comment

Originally posted by Crusoe101 View Post

Wouldnt advise wondering around there late on a night, only a click away from Halton Moor.....

I like the Travelodge when I can pre-book for £29, but, they seem to have stopped that these days.

The old Novotel in Bradford is now £30 a night, but, I like checking into the Etap an hour before the shift starts for a quick shower and rest, which is the only reason I don't use the Novotel.

Even Travelinns are around £70 a night around these parts - crackers.

Comment

What is the Leeds Vicar Lane travelodge like, and how safe / easy is it to get to High Court around 11pm? Also, what is parking like there? they often to the £19 rooms. As a permie I cannot afford pricey rooms any longer!

Comment

more than 2 miles away from Halton Moor.
                    There are sink estates nearby, but this applies to virtually every hotel that's not directly in the city centre due to the small size of the city centre.

Etap and the surrounding Gateway area is far too developed these days to be "rough".

Comment

Working...
                    X