• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stanford Super Series result

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stanford Super Series result

Anybody else think like me that England looked like they weren't really trying too hard on Saturday night? It looked like they were a bit embarrased to be there and were hoping to 'do the decent thing'.
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Anybody else think like me that England looked like they weren't really trying too hard on Saturday night? It looked like they were a bit embarrased to be there and were hoping to 'do the decent thing'.
    Wife forced me to watch it

I thought England were just tulip, you could tell from their faces whilst batting that they were getting a bit stressed, followed by a very aggressive attempt at defending their 99 runs but on the day they were just out manouvered by the bowling order and then out classed by the west indian batters
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

I think the chap in the times had it right - they realised they could make a fortune and choked.

The pre-match blurb was all about what was best for England if they had focused on the fact that the game could make each of them a dollar millionaire, they would have been a lot more composed.

I don't think there was any "doing the right thing" they just choked.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

If it causes a ressurgence in West Indian cricket then it can only be a good ting....

What's a poxy 20/20 match in the scheme of things, a strong west indian side would do more/ make more money for the game in the long run.

They did end up "doing the right thing" but probably not out of intention...

I think it would have been pretty devisive and bad for morale if they'd one.

I'd know how i'd feel if next week Swann pulled into training in a new Ferrari...

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
          Anybody else think like me that England looked like they weren't really trying too hard on Saturday night?
          They choked. Bit like the Rugby League world cup side really

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            They choked. Bit like the Rugby League world cup side really
            That's a different matter entirely. In all likelyhood, they will progress to the semis anyway. Australia will be over-confident after such a convincing win and England will shock them with a 3 point victory.

And in other news, a small herd of Gloucester Old Spots have been picked up on radar by air traffic control...
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              Australia will be over-confident after such a convincing win and England will shock them with a 3 point victory.
              Stop it, you're killing me...

Comment

England have been tulipe at ODI's and 20/20 for a long time, they were long odds to win that game.

Comment

whs

Comment

It was such a boring and one-sided game that if I was Stanford I'd find someone else to play his all-stars next year.

Comment

Working...
                    X