• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

American airlines anybody ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American airlines anybody ?

Planning a trip to NY next June and the prices on American airways are interesting

super economy £160
    economy £685

has anyone tried the super economy ? whats the snag ?
    the only drawback I can see is that it costs a tenner to check your bag in

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Do you mean super economy saver?

It is the ticket type that you are paying for - it is the same seat as normal economy.

Your super saver ticket will be very limited in terms of being able to change your travel dates or getting a refund if you change your mind about going.

The details are on their booking site within aa.com - where you see the title super economy saver this should popup a window showing how the conditions compare with the other fare types.

If these things do not matter then it seems like a good price even with the checkin fee!
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
      Do you mean super economy saver?

It is the ticket type that you are paying for - it is the same seat as normal economy.

Your super saver ticket will be very limited in terms of being able to change your travel dates or getting a refund if you change your mind about going.

The details are on their booking site within aa.com - where you see the title super economy saver this should popup a window showing how the conditions compare with the other fare types.

If these things do not matter then it seems like a good price even with the checkin fee!
      merci

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)

Comment

and you can only choose certain seats on web checkin
        .....my day will come

Comment

danke

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Maji wa Maji View Post
            and these are all on the wing or undercarriage
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
              and these are all on the wing or undercarriage
              it's only seven hours, the missus can cope

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Maji wa Maji View Post
                So it seems more and more airlines are doing this - last time I flew BMI I was right at the back, so the cheaper the seat the further back you sit!
                This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
                  So it seems more and more airlines are doing this - last time I flew BMI I was right at the back, so the cheaper the seat the further back you sit!
                  Yes, but have you ever heard of a plane reversing into a mountain? Nope... therefore CM logic says... sit at the back... all the time
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Aa

Have flown with these a few times. It is not luxury, but the staff/cabin crew are fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                    X