• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's looking grim out there

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's looking grim out there

Been looking at Jobserve as this gig's about to come to an end, it seems to have fallen off a cliff in the last few weeks.

On the positive side, think I might bugger off and see the world instead of stressing about finding a new gig
    ǝןqqıʍ

I asked an agent yesterday what they thought about the state of the market - I was told that the contract market was not so good and that permiedom was faring better!
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

hmmm. Just had a quick check of my jobserve daily email (don't normally bother)

309 jobs but almost all on the mainland. Only a handful UK based!

Time to get those frequent flyer points racked up folks.

Comment

After a few weeks of not much, quite a few things in my key skills have appeared recently, I'm discussing 3 different (as far as I can tell) roles which appear to be genuine (as far as I can tell) and for which agents seemed genuinely keen to put me forward for (as far as I can tell)... only one even mentioned references so far which seems like a good sign.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Cant find anything suitable

Victim of Credit crunch on first contract role......

Have only just started......

Had to say permie ville is looking the only option at present
          ---------------------------------------------------
          Recruitment consultants were sent to punish us all!

Comment

Bollox!

http://management.silicon.com/career...9335890,00.htm

Financial markets everywhere may be shedding value with nail-biting speed but the majority of UK IT departments are apparently still sitting pretty in the midst of global financial turmoil.

Asked 'how is the credit crunch affecting your IT department?', 41 per cent of respondents to the latest silicon.com reader poll said they are not, in fact, being affected.

Boomed!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              (sig)
              By the time you finish reading this sentence, the national debt will have risen by another £1,500 - which you or your children will have to repay.

Just so you know.
              Which it will take the 300-odd people currently on General about 6 mins to "earn" while doing nothing.....

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Bollox!

http://management.silicon.com/career...9335890,00.htm

Financial markets everywhere may be shedding value with nail-biting speed but the majority of UK IT departments are apparently still sitting pretty in the midst of global financial turmoil.

Asked 'how is the credit crunch affecting your IT department?', 41 per cent of respondents to the latest silicon.com reader poll said they are not, in fact, being affected.

Boomed!

And the other 59% said...?
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                  And the other 59% said...?
                  Who cares. 41% said they weren't affected so it must be true.

Comment

Don't you read the newsletters CWJobs keep sending out about how new IT jobs are being created because of all the current problems
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X