• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Selling property through auction

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling property through auction

Does anyone have personal experience of selling a property through an auction?
    If so, what % did you pay the auctioneer? And how quickly, typically, can you offload the property, from approaching the auctioneer, to funds in the bank?
    Any specific taxes or costs, other than the usual ones for selling a house, incurred by using an auctioneer?

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
    Does anyone have personal experience of selling a property through an auction?
    If so, what % did you pay the auctioneer? And how quickly, typically, can you offload the property, from approaching the auctioneer, to funds in the bank?
    Any specific taxes or costs, other than the usual ones for selling a house, incurred by using an auctioneer?
    I sold through Barnard Marcus once - I think it was 10% but can't remember.

Took about 8 weeks.

No other costs.

Comment

Am considering selling Bogey Towers by auction now.

However, my estate agent advises a reserve of about 30% below the open market price.

Gulp

I think I'll go the conventional sales route until Easter, probably.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
        I think I'll go the conventional sales route until Easter 2012, probably.

Those Olympic games are expected to drive up demand as wealthy foreigners move in to take advantage of the weak UK property market, average project house price in the UK at the time will be £50k euros...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I sold through Barnard Marcus once - I think it was 10% but can't remember.

Took about 8 weeks.

No other costs.

Thanks.
          Did that 10% (or whatever) include legal costs? i.e. was it a total price?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            :£50k euros...
            So that's fifty pound-euros then?

God, you are total cock sometimes AtW.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

oh dear

I guess this cheshire cat is not grinning like a ...

Milan.

Comment

Oh yes, made mistake (here see I admit it!) - should have used euro sign.

Comment

God, you are total cock sometimes AtW.
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Oh yes, made mistake (here see I admit it!) - should have used euro sign.
                    Hmm. So angry

Comment

Working...
                    X