• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Non-UK resident contracting in UK/EEC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non-UK resident contracting in UK/EEC

Hi, I'm British and have been working as a contractor in Thailand since 2002. I rarely visit the UK and am classed as non-resident in the UK for tax purposes. (I have no permanent or temporary UK address, nor do I have any UK bank account etc etc). I have effectively permanently emigrated to Thailand

Now I have the possibility of doing some IT contract work in the UK or Belgium (or other EC countries). This would be a temporary position, perhaps for 1 year, after which time I would return to my home in Thailand.

Can forum members advice on my tax/NIC liabilities if I take up this contract position. Do my circumstances offer any advantages re tax/NIC liabilities? what would be the best 'vehicle' to use? (umbrella company. ltd company etc)

Thanks

Simon

Working...
X