• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Threaded is in the news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Threaded is in the news

"A TIME MACHINE WOULD HAVE BEEN CHEAPER, SAY EXPERTS

BUILDING a time machine to take us back 18 months would have been cheaper than the multi-billion pound bank bail out, it was claimed last night.

As the government spent £500bn recreating the exact economic conditions of April 2007, Britain's leading time travel engineer said he could have done it for half that.

Dr Henry Brubaker, of the Institute for Studies, said: "You need a Vauxhall Corsa, a small amount of plutonium and something I call the 'flux capacitor'.

"You simply punch in the date - let's say, April 15th, 2007 - activate the flux capacitor, and accelerate the Corsa to 88mph.

"At that point a hole opens up in the space-time continuum and in the blink of an eye you've got mortgages being handed out like free newspapers and credit cards coming out of your arse.

"And once you start giving people credit they can't afford and engineering a global banking collapse, you just jump in the Corsa and start all over again."

He added: "Of course, in 2007 there was no such thing as plutonium so we'll have to rig up some kind of giant lightning conductor. It'll be fine."

Meanwhile the National Audit Office has also criticised the government's overspend on recreating April 2007.

A spokesman said: "It would actually have been cheaper to launch an intergalactic space mission to search for the planet Krypton, find Superman, bring him back and get him to fly round and round the Earth until it started rotating the other way, thereby turning back time and opening up the wholesale money markets again.""

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/s...-200810141321/
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

If we go back 18 months can we have andyw back?

Comment

go back to 97 and spoil a number of ballot papers to save the country and the world.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        If we go back 18 months can we have andyw back?

Just for tulips and giggles.
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
          go back to 97 and spoil a number of ballot papers to save the country and the world.
          Tired old tune now. Who would you rather have had in charge during this global economic crisis?

Or do you believe that Gordon Brown caused this global economic crisis?

Or do you just dislike him because of some things that you don't like, so, like a petulant infant, attribute all evil to him and by extension good to anyone else.

Pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
            Tired old tune now. Who would you rather have had in charge during this global economic crisis?

Or do you just dislike him because of some things that you don't like, so, like a petulant infant, attribute all evil to him and by extension good to anyone else.

Pathetic.
            Its probably a bit weird, but I hate all the boasts about ending boom and bust, more than some of the things he has actually done (that I disagree with)

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Tired old tune now.
              Aye, it's a classic.

Who would you rather have had in charge during this global economic crisis?
              NOT that evil snot goblin.

In part, YES. He is responsible for the extremely lax monetary conditions that have persisted and extended since the nuLieBore regime came to power. This was also happening in the US during the the Clinton/Bush regimes so he his not solely responsible, but has a very large share.

I truly believe that he, among others in his cohort, are at the core of most that is wrong with this country; that he is a criminal and those crimes include treason against the people of the UK; and that he should be punished for those crimes and that punishment should be Capital.

Pathetic.
              Me? - yes, you've got me there. It's true, I am one sick puppy.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Comment

Hey HAB, I assumed you'd be on Guido's march to Parliament Square today.

(I did plan to turn up, but I think those masks are a bit of a gimmick and wouldn't feel comfortable marching without one if everyone else was wearing one.)
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Hey HAB, I assumed you'd be on Guido's march to Parliament Square today.

(I did plan to turn up, but I think those masks are a bit of a gimmick and wouldn't feel comfortable marching without one if everyone else was wearing one.)
                  THAT WAS THE PLAN

Something has come up here and I couldn't go.

I'd probably have got myself arrested anyway and then they might ask questions about me being in the country

Comment

Pathetic.

Too right expat. Brown kicked the Credit Crunch ™ into touch with just a few meetings in the City, they still get their million pound bonuses and we avoid economic meltdown.

Brown has ensured Britain did not waste the boom years and has safely stashed all that tax ready to release it now to smooth out the slowdown (caused by Amercians by the way).

WHAT A GUY!

Comment

Working...
                    X