• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brazen political polemic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brazen political polemic

Every four years the American people are presented with a choice between two people. Every time, it seems, one of them is intelligent, knowledgeable, concerned, and commited to improvement; and the other is none of these things.

It's good to see that sometimes they choose the right one.

Originally posted by expat View Post
    Every four years the American people are presented with a choice between two people. Every time, it seems, one of them is intelligent, knowledgeable, concerned, and commited to improvement; and the other is none of these things.

It's good to see that sometimes they choose the right one.
    You mean somebody who stands for the very things that their nation was built on?
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

I think they have a great system. Real, functional, practical democracy.
      Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
        I think they have a great system. Real, functional, practical democracy.
        expensive, glitzy, long, drawn out, distracting,

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I think they have a system where you won't win unless:

a/ you keep mentioning God
          b/ you are good out soundbites
          c/ you are bankrolled to the tune of tens of millions

The American system, the utimate triumpth of style over substance
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Is it just me that thought John McCain looked a nobber when he did that double thumbs up thing?

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Let's hope that he doesn't raid American pensions, allow mass immigration, implement stupid Human Rights laws and put up taxes to an unsustainable level.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                Let's hope that he doesn't raid American pensions, allow mass immigration, implement stupid Human Rights laws and put up taxes to an unsustainable level.
                Imagine America with immigrants destroying the indigenous culture.

Yours
                Chief Cybertory speak with forked tongue
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                  Is it just me that thought John McCain looked a nobber when he did that double thumbs up thing?

I am so glad you said that, I thought it was just me being mean!!! I saw him do it last night and he just looked like some old Grandad trying to be cool!
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    I am so glad you said that, I thought it was just me being mean!!! I saw him do it last night and he just looked like some old Grandad trying to be cool!
                    Fonzie

Comment

Working...
                    X