• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

trigger-happy goons

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trigger-happy goons

Tube police 'misled' pathologist

Police misled a pathologist into thinking Jean Charles de Menezes "vaulted" over a Tube barrier before being shot dead
    So they said that he was wearing unseasonable bulky clothing that might be hiding a bomb; but he wasn't.

They said that he was "acting suspiciously"; but he wasn't.

They said that he vaulted the barrier and ran down the escalator; but he didn't.

They said that they shouted "armed police" before shooting him; but they didn't.

They said that he advanced on them; but he didn't.

I think I'll put London on the list of places that I don't want to live, on the grounds of danger from armed force.

Looks like the shooting team might face serious criminal charges.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Looks like the shooting team might face serious criminal charges.
      I think they've already been cleared of any blame. The CI or whatever her rank was on the day is in the tulip though.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
        Tube police 'misled' pathologist

So they said that he was wearing unseasonable bulky clothing that might be hiding a bomb; but he wasn't.

They said that he was "acting suspiciously"; but he wasn't.

They said that he vaulted the barrier and ran down the escalator; but he didn't.

They said that they shouted "armed police" before shooting him; but they didn't.

They said that he advanced on them; but he didn't.

I think I'll put London on the list of places that I don't want to live, on the grounds of danger from armed force.

Our police are proven liars, time and time again. I hope that the guys that shot the Brazilian will be tried for manslaughter, but of course they will not be.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          I think they've already been cleared of any blame. The CI or whatever her rank was on the day is in the tulip though.
          The first whitewash cleared them, but I'm not sure whether all this evidence was presented.

I'm with expat on this, these policemen are dangerous and untrustworthy and should be removed from operations, if not altogether from the force.

Comment

What I don't understand is what value there is in shooting someone 7 times in the head with hollow point bullets. You could maybe put some of what occurred down to adrenaline and misinformation, but it's hard to put to see how a reasonable person could pump 7 bullets into someone's head. Did he only stop at seven because he was out of ammo?

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              The witnesses in the tube wagon now say that they did not hear the shooting team shouting they were police, this seems corroborated by multiple witnesses there, if this version of events is accepted by court I think there would be strong criminal case against the shooting team.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Did he only stop at seven because he was out of ammo?
                I doubt that was the reason, Glocks have more than 7 bullets in them, sounds like they were in a rush sh1t scared he will blow up and he shot 7 times as he was next to him thinking that the bomb might explode any moment so might as well shoot 7 rather than 1.

Ian Blair should have really being given the sack for this.

Comment

Police are incompetent liars shocker (correct which ever way you read it)
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    The witnesses in the tube wagon now say that they did not hear the shooting team shouting they were police, this seems corroborated by multiple witnesses there, if this version of events is accepted by court I think there would be strong criminal case against the shooting team.
                    IIRC, they don't have to shout that when it's a suspected suicide bomber, they're allowed to shoot away.

Please don't get me wrong, shooting this poor lad was a complete travesty, and SOMEBODY should be punished - but I don't think any of the actual police shooters are going down for it.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X