PDA

View Full Version : Getting close to the edge……

Wilmslow
6th November 2008, 14:19
I can just about handle a faulty car.

Heard from my joiner – the gas board replaced the pipe to the house, and refused to re-connect due to low pressure on the test.

Suggests the corgi reg bloke who connected the gas hob has stuffed up.

Transco have been called and are currently investigating.

If the dodgy handling does not get me, the icy cold house might :(

Oh, a well established permie next to me has been whinging all blinking week about the canteen not labelling the sandwiches as brown or wholemeal and is very sensitive when I suggested it is not a big deal in the general scheme of things…….

BrilloPad
6th November 2008, 14:21

Heard from my joiner – the gas board replaced the pipe to the house, and refused to re-connect due to low pressure on the test.

Oh, a well established permie next to me has been whinging all blinking week about the canteen not labelling the sandwiches as brown or wholemeal and is very sensitive when I suggested it is not a big deal in the general scheme of things…….

Maybe your neighbours have interfered with your gas supply?

You say others whine? Pot meet kettle etcetc.

Bagpuss
6th November 2008, 14:21
I got close to the edge once, you could see all over Cheshire, when I looked down I saw your house, you seemed insignificant, so I got out my binnoculars, and guess what?

You still were

DodgyAgent
6th November 2008, 14:24

Priceless :laugh

ace00
6th November 2008, 14:25
Don't push me 'cuz I'm close to the edge
I'm trying not to lose my head
Uh huh ha ha ha
It's like a jungle sometimes
It makes me wonder how I keep from goin' under

Wise words, wise words.

BrilloPad
6th November 2008, 14:25
Will anyone do a U2 guitarist joke?

EternalOptimist
6th November 2008, 14:26
Close to the edge, down by the river
Close to the end, round by the corner
seasons will pass me by

Bagpuss
6th November 2008, 14:28
which episode of Some Mother's do 'ave 'em are we up to now?

EternalOptimist
6th November 2008, 14:29

:rollin:

NotAllThere
6th November 2008, 14:30
Getting close to the edge…… ….

Well, don't jump..

...until I've got my video camera ready.

BrianSnail
6th November 2008, 14:34
Getting close to the edge……

Who wants to push this sockpuppet?

Pondlife
6th November 2008, 14:40

:yay: :laugh

Priceless.

Bagpuss
6th November 2008, 14:57
Wilmslow has job lost his job . He is depressed by this and convinced that he is a failure so Betty suggests that he goes to see a psychiatrist. As part of the session with the psychiatrist, Wilmslow relates how he first met Betty at a riding school where he had been tossed from his horse into a pond. Wilmslow and Betty's first proper date didn't go too well either; with Wilmslow becoming trapped in the mechanism at a bowling alley before managing to tear the letter-box off his front door in an attempt to sneak Betty indoors without his aunt hearing.

Betty's mother's first meeting with Wilmslow was also unsuccessful, with her mistaking him for a repair-man for her cooker. After demolishing the cooker, Wilmslow managed to fall down her stairs, taking the carpet and banisters with him. These unhappy stories make the psychiatrist convinced that Wilmslow really is a failure and that he can't offer any help. His initial beliefs confirmed, WIlmslow leaves the surgery a happy man and is oblivious to warning shouts from a workman across the street. Seconds later he is buried under tons of gravel being dumped from the back of a lorry.

BrilloPad
6th November 2008, 15:00
Wilmslow has job lost his job . He is depressed by this and convinced that he is a failure so Betty suggests that he goes to see a psychiatrist. As part of the session with the psychiatrist, Wilmslow relates how he first met Betty at a riding school where he had been tossed from his horse into a pond. Wilmslow and Betty's first proper date didn't go too well either; with Wilmslow becoming trapped in the mechanism at a bowling alley before managing to tear the letter-box off his front door in an attempt to sneak Betty indoors without his aunt hearing.

Betty's mother's first meeting with Wilmslow was also unsuccessful, with her mistaking him for a repair-man for her cooker. After demolishing the cooker, Wilmslow managed to fall down her stairs, taking the carpet and banisters with him. These unhappy stories make the psychiatrist convinced that Wilmslow really is a failure and that he can't offer any help. His initial beliefs confirmed, WIlmslow leaves the surgery a happy man and is oblivious to warning shouts from a workman across the street. Seconds later he is buried under tons of gravel being dumped from the back of a lorry.

I hope that the relationship was not consummated? The possibility of offspring is just too horrific......

Though I think Wilmslow will be lucky to ever find a gf. Unless she is the type with a valve for a navel....

NotAllThere
6th November 2008, 18:29
I think Jessica turned out ok in the end.

AlfredJPruffock
6th November 2008, 18:55
A seasoned Witch can hold you from
The Depths of your Disgrace

And Re-arrange your Liver
On the Solid Mental Plane

Close to the Edge
Down by the River

Seasons Will Pass you By

I get up
I get down

Close to the Edge
Down by the River

2uk
6th November 2008, 22:06
for a second i thought you are very close to your first orgasm. flip.

Diver
6th November 2008, 22:32
Are we there yet? :smokin

Can I drive?

PM-Junkie
7th November 2008, 09:28
I managed to get so close to the edge that I got his autograph

BrianSnail
7th November 2008, 09:50
I managed to get so close to the edge that I got his autograph

Have you got it on yet?

Purple Dalek
7th November 2008, 09:50
Don't push me 'cuz I'm close to the edge
I'm trying not to lose my head
Uh huh ha ha ha
It's like a jungle sometimes
It makes me wonder how I keep from goin' under

Wise words, wise words.

Ah yes, Grandmaster Flash, The Message. I could well believe that the area Wilmslow inhabits is very similar to that described in the lyrics.