• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Norrahe's Bench recipe of the week

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norrahe's Bench recipe of the week

Things ya do when you've run out of pot noodles

Spiced Squash Soup

1 butternut squash
    2 stalks lemongrass
    10 dried lime leaves
    2" fresh ginger
    1 clove garlic
    2 shallots
    500ml chicken stock
    2 tomatoes sliced
    Fish sauce 50ml
    Juice of 1 lime
    1 tsp palm sugar
    1 red chilli
    1 tin coconut milk

To garnish: roughly chopped fresh coriander

Half and de seed the squash, drizzle with olive oil and roast in a low oven (150c) for 45 mins.
    Peel the ginger and slice, remove the outer stalks from the lemon grass and chop roughly, slice the shallots and crush the garlic.
    Add the chicken stock to a pan, along with the ginger, lime leaves, shallots, lemongrass and garlic; bring to the boil and then turn down and simmer for 30 mins.
    Once the stock is infused strain and return to the pan, when the squash is roasted, separate the flesh from the skin and add to the stock along with the sliced tomatoes, finely sliced chilli (deseeded if you require less heat) and palm sugar.
    Simmer for 20 minutes, then blend to a smooth consistency, add the coconut milk, then add the lime juice and fish sauce to taste.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Things ya do when you've run out of pot noodles...
    I can see a use for the butternut squash but what's the rest of it for?
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      I can see a use for the butternut squash but what's the rest of it for?

I almost had a coffee/desk moment

ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

well if you remember to wash the squash afterwards.........
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

To emulate a Pot Noodle, scrape the matter from the top of a cooker in any student house into a bowl and add boiling water.

Comment

I am disappointed by this thread, it claims to have a recipe for benches and yet there's all this rubbish about Butternut Squash. Disgusting.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
            X