• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

control your drinking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

control your drinking

there is a project "information event" next weds/thurs whereby i'll be expected to attend and give a summary of what my developments will do etc. I've already stated i'll arrive shortly before my stint and leave afterwards as the rest doesnt concern me.

the last point on the days even is food and drinks for permies, contractors, suppliers, clients etc.

the PM has just had a quiet word saying that all are invited but please understand that as PM he would prefer for me to not drink in excess at the event as clients are present. stunned I asked him why he has that impression (ive never talked about drinking at work ever), his response "because you are british and british have a reputation for drinking"..

cheeky fecker
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

i thought you were working in Germany?
    Home of the beer festival!
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      i thought you were working in Germany?
      Home of the beer festival!
      i am, exactly my point

Comment

make sure that you drink about 10 pints when you're there

When he tackles you about it afterwards simply point out that you're british and 10 pints is a normal amount and not considered to be excess
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Are you sure this wasn't a German attempt at "Humour"?
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Maybe the odd beer would encourage you to utilise capital letters when you write posts

Comment

Has he also asked you to refrain from hurling plastic furniture about in the streets and vomiting in doorways?
              Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                Maybe the odd beer would encourage you to utilise capital letters when you write posts
                nahh i see it as my forum style of writing..

the same as adding 2 full stops at the end of most sentences..

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                  No, he needs to save as many capital letters as he can for when he uses German nouns. There's lots of 'em you see.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I hate to say this Chef but British contractors deserve this reputation, they set up drinking clubs and get completely rat arsed; so I can understand a nervous German PM. One Swiss company put started filtering out UK based contractors because they had such a bad experience.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X