• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK, Anno Domini 2010

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK, Anno Domini 2010

BOE has just dropped rates to 0%...Dollar just went at par with the pound and Swindon is invaded with loads of American tourists looking for property bargains...

New Labour decides to adopt the euro as this might help the economy..."Gordo saves UK PLC by joining the euro" new Daily Mail headline...and DP posts another thread of course

HTH
    The rest is silence...

Originally posted by Viktor View Post
    BOE has just dropped rates to 0%...Dollar just went at par with the pound and Swindon is invaded with loads of American tourists looking for property bargains...

New Labour decides to adopt the euro as this might help the economy..."Gordo saves UK PLC by joining the euro" new Daily Mail headline...and DP posts another thread of course

HTH
    And the Romanian Leu is not exactly storming ahead is it Viktor?
    We can still get cheap holidays in Constanta
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Btw Just made some decent do$h on the "ups" and "downs" of the Romanian RON.

Trouble with UK is that BOE + Gordo + Average Joe English are all obsessed with house prices, and the economy as a whole is so much dependent on house prices. Hence the recent huge drop. People seem to forget that there are no such things as cheap lunch and cheap money (well, not in the long term).

I am not a fan of my home country economics (I live abroad after all), but I am amazed sometimes that ex-communist countries can be more "capitalist" in their economic policies than the "Great West"...as far as I know Isarescu didn't bail out Romanian banks, innit??
      The rest is silence...

Comment

Originally posted by Viktor View Post
        Trouble with UK is that BOE + Gordo + Average Joe English are all obsessed with house prices, and the economy as a whole is so much dependent on house prices. Hence the recent huge drop. People seem to forget that there are no such things as cheap lunch and cheap money (well, not in the long term).

Yes, that is well know. So what do our wonderful leaders do - make money cheaper.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

in 2010, you will scrounge for food among the ruins of london s:hitty.

Comment

Originally posted by sappatz View Post
            in 2010, you will scrounge for food among the ruins of london s:hitty.
            And in fact, that's the London Tourist Board's new slogan.
            Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Working...
            X