• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alternative to Friends Reunited

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternative to Friends Reunited

As I've joked with before to many people if I want to meet up with old friends from school I just need to find out the visiting hours at Barlinnie Prison in Glasgow.

Just heard on the news that yet another person as I was at school with was stabbed to death tonight, we weren't friends but lived in the same street years ago. No loss to society anyway...

From that form year at school the tally looks like 6 murdered and 8 jailed for murder, not related I assume.

Got me thinking, who else grew up up in a tuliphole?
    Me, me, me...

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Got me thinking, who else grew up up in a tuliphole?
    Me. Springburn and Dennistoun in Glasgow, and more than my fair share of childhood mates dead by nefarious causes.
    Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

www.facebook.com

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
        Me. Springburn and Dennistoun in Glasgow, and more than my fair share of childhood mates dead by nefarious causes.
        Clydebank, nuff said...
        Me, me, me...

Comment

My parents managed to get us away from the hellholes (hard work, etc.) but not all of the family were so lucky.

At a funeral in Liverpool the other year, my mum was talking to one of my cousins:

"So how are your kids?"

"Well, my stepson was murdered a few weeks before Christmas."

"What?!"

"Yeah, he'd been selling the duty-free booze and fags on some gang's patch. They warned him but he didn't stop, so they shot him."

"That's terrible... What about your son?"

"He's in prison. Been inside just over two years now."

"What for?"

"Attempted murder..."

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            My parents managed to get us away from the hellholes (hard work, etc.) but not all of the family were so lucky.

At a funeral in Liverpool the other year, my mum was talking to one of my cousins:

"So how are your kids?"

"Well, my stepson was murdered a few weeks before Christmas."

"What?!"

"Yeah, he'd been selling the duty-free booze and fags on some gang's patch. They warned him but he didn't stop, so they shot him."

"That's terrible... What about your son?"

"He's in prison. Been inside just over two years now."

"What for?"

"Attempted murder..."

Kinda hits home
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
              Clydebank, nuff said...
              Same here - when did you escape?

I've stopped going back for the funerals a few years ago.

Comment

I've got a mixture of friends from my childhood in Liverpool. Some did good and some didn't.

Often joked about starting the next web 2.0 application for ex-cons called FiendsReunited.co.uk.

Comment

Originally posted by Rantor View Post
                  Same here - when did you escape?

I've stopped going back for the funerals a few years ago.
                  Left in '77. Still got family there so go back from time to time.
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by lightng View Post
                    I've got a mixture of friends from my childhood in Liverpool. Some did good and some didn't.

Often joked about starting the next web 2.0 application for ex-cons called FiendsReunited.co.uk.

I like that...
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X