• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will you all stop complaining and moaning and get some dignity back?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will you all stop complaining and moaning and get some dignity back?

I can't stand it. Can you get some dignity back? I am fed up with all this überdoom... I just would like to make a list of myths and facts and anybody pls fell free to enlarge it...

Myth 1) - Our money is only made of houses

Fact: What the hell are you talking about? The housing bubble is all over the world. House prices compared to salaries were not higher than many other european and american countries. If you really want to complain about something, you should really complain about the quality of them, often of lower standards.

Myth 2) - Our country is full of foreigners

Fact: then again you don't know what you are talking about. You are probably one of the country with the lowest immigration rate. Look at Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Italy, Spain... they have more immigration and even made of more poverty. Yet only you complain.

Myth 3) - Our taxes are very high

Fact: you are one of the country in Europe with the lowest taxation

Myth 4) - Our politicians are the worst in the world

Fact: oh really, should I just name a few in Europe?

Myth 5) - We produce nothing

Fact: there is not only manufacturing in this world as long as we are not going to return to a pure autarchic society where the only exchange is of physical goods. You still have the best service economy in Europe if not in the world.

Myth 6) - Our currency is worth nothing

Fact: it was the strongest one for 10 years or so and now it's only less than a year for which it dropped substantially. And so? You need to be always the strongest currency in the world?

Myth 7) - We are sh1t at sports

Fact: you don't win the world football tournament from 1966, true, but you are on the top at so many sports. What the hell do you want?

Myth 8) - We are in full debt

Fact: you are not different from many european countries. They all have huge levels of debt

Myth 9) - Our health system is tulip

Fact: well, no, actually that is right... well then again you can't be the best at everything.

So, pls stop whining and get back to work so that you can get out of this situation or else you'll all be slapped.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

My Plan B is working out very nicely, couldn't give a stuff about the ubderdoom as our new 'innovative' product is much in demand and people are buying.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      people are buying.
      If you are making chill pills then you will have plenty of buyers from this forum...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        My Plan B is working out very nicely, couldn't give a stuff about the ubderdoom as our new 'innovative' product is much in demand and people are buying.
        Deep-fried Ferrero Rocher?

Works for me

Comment

We ARE happy
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Deep-fried Ferrero Rocher?

Works for me

close...
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Francko, SHUT UP!

Leave us to wallow and whine in our ignorance, Please.

This forum is not the place to be airing facts.
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                Francko, SHUT UP!

Leave us to wallow and whine in our ignorance, Please.

This forum is not the place to be airing facts.
                +1
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Francko,

If we listen to the likes of you we wouldn't be #1 at the last great British invention... Whinging.

Once this country loses the ability to whinge, we'll be truely fooked.

Comment

"Myth" 2 - Funny, been to Rome, Milan, Venice in last year, all seemed pretty Italian to me.

Did you ever go to South London 20 years ago and have you been there recently? Every little town and village in the South East is changing at the same frightening rate.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X