• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much are you willing to pay for a litre of Petrol ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much are you willing to pay for a litre of Petrol ?

How much are you willing to pay for a litre of Petrol
    before you decide to change your transport habits and
    use the bus / bicycle / train etc ?

Me I now go to work on the S-Bahn.

Milan.

Originally posted by milanbenes
    How much are you willing to pay for a litre of Petrol
    before you decide to change your transport habits and
    use the bus / bicycle / train etc ?

Me I now go to work on the S-Bahn.

Milan.
    However much it costs. But then again, I'm not a .NET code monkey. Sorry you've fallen on hard times, you'll just have to sell the skoda.
    Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
    You know you'll need us!

Comment

I quite fancy a trip to the Southampton boat show this weekend or next. Thought I might do my bit for the environment (and Guinness profits) by taking the train.

Cost of train tickets - £110 for the two of us.

Cost of petrol and parking – about £35

So I reckon petrol would have to be around £3 a litre to make it economically viable to use the train.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
        I now go to work on the S-Bahn.

Milan.
        Is "S-Bahn" a bike?

Comment

Smokes, booze, sugar, salt, fuel for cars are all unelastic products demand for which is pretty much stable until the point when people can't physically buy it -- and the price for this is way over £1 per liter.

This means that all this talk of preferences is pointless -- you will have to pay as much as you get charged for, unless you have alternative means of transport which in many cases is simply not the case.

Comment

Originally posted by planetit
            I quite fancy a trip to the Southampton boat show this weekend or next. Thought I might do my bit for the environment (and Guinness profits) by taking the train.

Cost of train tickets - £110 for the two of us.

Cost of petrol and parking – about £35

So I reckon petrol would have to be around £3 a litre to make it economically viable to use the train.
            I'm going down to Southampton at the weekend, particularly to drool all over the Predator 108. If only I had 4.7 million to spare... (Actually if only I had 4.7 million!!!)
            You know you'll need us!

Comment

Originally posted by The Late, Great JC
              I'm going down to Southampton at the weekend, particularly to drool all over the Predator 108.
              What's "predator 108's" real name? Derek? and why "drool" over him?

Comment

Originally posted by xinetd.d
                What's "predator 108's" real name? Derek? and why "drool" over him?
                Laugh? Er no, actually I didn't.
                You know you'll need us!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                  Smokes, booze, sugar, salt, fuel for cars are all unelastic products demand for which is pretty much stable until the point when people can't physically buy it -- and the price for this is way over £1 per liter.

This means that all this talk of preferences is pointless -- you will have to pay as much as you get charged for, unless you have alternative means of transport which in many cases is simply not the case.
                  The thing is AtW, people will continue to buy fuel for their vehicles whatever the price... However, the money for non-essentials will not be there anymore. People will work purely to put fuel in their cars and pay their council tax... Just think what that's going to do for morale!
                  You know you'll need us!

Comment

Originally posted by The Late, Great JC
                    The thing is AtW, people will continue to buy fuel for their vehicles whatever the price...
                    That's what I said, I suppose I should have used more down to earth words rather than saying the obvious from Economics 101 that fuel is a classic example of an "inelastic product"

Comment

Working...
                    X