• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

i have an office!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have an office!!

ok, on all other gigs where i've been on the client's site, your own chair is considered a luxury, today i've been given my own office!!

ok, it's only an office for the day as 2 other contractors take fridays off and are due back monday but still, today, i have an office, if only there was a tv and some nice food in the fridge and it'd be just like home.. ish
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Does it have a window you can stare out of all day?

If so, can you see anything interesting from it?

Comment

yes it does.. and 2 way openable door/windows

i can see Pressehaus (printing co.), 4 lanes of traffic and a view south over the bavarian forest... it's not much but it's a start.. and one day i'll own my own company.. no, hold on a minute

Comment

wow wow. easy there. you don't want to absorb the view all at once or you'll be bored by lunchtime.

Have you adjusted your chair enough yet?

Comment

not yet, although i have found a suitable home for the tea and sugar and claimed a hanger for my coat..

blue skies here in bavaria

Comment

I had an office and a shared PA in my last permie job. This one I have to hotdesk

Comment

If you have another chair you could wedge it under the door handle and make people knock before they come in to give you time to log off ebay (but since you're on here already that level of security might not be necessary...)
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                If you have another chair you could wedge it under the door handle and make people knock before they come in to give you time to log off ebay (but since you're on here already that level of security might not be necessary...)
                positioned myself next to the window, so only the window cleaner could see what's on my laptop screen.. always thinkin ya see

nobody would need to see me anyway, it's a fixed piece of work with deadlines in 3 weeks, plus I dont speak german so even if they did it would be a very short conversation

Comment

I now have an assistant, she is a grad. So enthusiatic. Although I am finding it irksome finding things for her to do when I dont do anything myself. I think she has figured out my modus operandi

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                    yes it does.. and 2 way openable door/windows

i can see Pressehaus (printing co.), 4 lanes of traffic and a view south over the bavarian forest... it's not much but it's a start.. and one day i'll own my own company.. no, hold on a minute

Comment

Working...
                    X