• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No sleep

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sleep

Haven't slept all night, not even for a few minutes, just didn't feel sleepy.

Now the challenge, how to pretend to be awake in the office... ideas??

Yawn...oooops must stop yawning

Wear sunglasses...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
      Haven't slept all night, not even for a few minutes, just didn't feel sleepy.

Now the challenge, how to pretend to be awake in the office... ideas??

Yawn...oooops must stop yawning
      go make some coffee, print out something and sit "analysing" it for a while

tutt and mutter a bit then pick up the piece of paper, and go for a walk ... to find the person responsible for the problem you have found on the paper.. goto your car, drive to the nearest car park, goto sleep for an hr
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

good idea Jacko, my sunglasses are rosy/pink not too dark, so that may work
        Or you could just stay online chatting to me

How are things with you? which part of the country are you based at now?

Comment

Hallo Dear,

Based in Bristol at the 'mo but not sure how long it's going to last. Probably looking for something else in the New Year.

I'll be on and off all day but I've got a deadline to meet so it'll be sporadic.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

chef, I had 2 coffees already (with cream ) and now am on diet coke

yeh need to go out at lunch time......

btw to amuze myself in the early hours (~ 4am) I made this mean chicken and vegetable soup... so I already had my lunch

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              Hallo Dear,

Based in Bristol at the 'mo but not sure how long it's going to last. Probably looking for something else in the New Year.

I'll be on and off all day but I've got a deadline to meet so it'll be sporadic.

Aaaaah, deadlines, I miss them, and a proper analysis.... here all they seem to be interested in is coding in the interview and in my contract my role is a BA, but when I arrived they wanted me to do both a BA and a coder role

Comment

btw to amuze myself in the early hours (~ 4am) I made this mean chicken and vegetable soup... so I already had my lunch
                soup at 4am.. that's some craving.. are you pregnant?
                The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                  soup at 4am.. that's some craving.. are you pregnant?
                  no, am just a chicke soup lover - real chicken soup mind, all raw fresh ingredients.

Comment

no, am just a chicke soup lover - real chicken soup mind, all raw fresh ingredients.
                    Interesting... always had you down as more of a turkey fan but that might be slightly cannibalistic I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                    X