• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

brazen ageist

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brazen ageist

I don't know if I hold the wrinklies record on here (I'm 57) but I was amused to see that the Railcard that I will be able to get in 3 years time will give me a 30% discount on the Heathrow Express to work on Monday mornings.

Originally posted by expat View Post
    I don't know if I hold the wrinklies record on here (I'm 57) but I was amused to see that the Railcard that I will be able to get in 3 years time will give me a 30% discount on the Heathrow Express to work on Monday mornings.
    You'll be able to get the bus for free too.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

That's good. Does that 30% work on the First Class fares too?
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I thought everyone on here was younger than me!

My respect to you Sir.....

Comment

Nice to see today that Boris is granting free travel on the London transport system for all War pensioners under 60. The Tories have always been far more patriotic than Labour !!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
            Nice to see today that Boris is granting free travel on the London transport system for all War pensioners under 60. The Tories have always been far more patriotic than Labour !!
            When I was doing my mba a couple of years ago, I was really disappointed to find out that the student railcard is now the "young person's" railcard, so I couldn't get one.

I was really looking forward to pitching up at the local train station and saying "first class season ticket to Canary Whary on this please"
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

At the risk of casting aspersions, Zeity must be in the same age-band. I can't remember exactly, but in space lizard years, it's a lot.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                I was really looking forward to pitching up at the local train station and saying "first class season ticket to Canary Whary on this please"
                Don't feel too disappointed.

Student/young person's railcards (they changed while I was one) never worked in first class. I don't think they worked with season tickets either, certainly not peak-time commuter ones.

Guess who contracted his way through uni in the 90s?

tl

Comment

I suppose that gives me something to look forward to.

I still haven't come to terms with the fact that I can't get a "young person's railcard" any more because I am not a "young person" any more. And that has been a decade......

Comment

Working...
                  X