• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No Wages for two months !!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Wages for two months !!!!!

Hi ya Everyone,
    I wonder if you could help me here, My son has been working for Henley Homes since August 4th as a subcontractor, he received his first months wages ok , but the septembers monies never got paid into his bank and he hasnt had half of octobers, He stopped going to work for them after the 2nd week of october.
    I dont really know where to start as to what to do next, the monies are paid to an agency EARNEXTRA, i have contacted these people but they have had no monies paid to themselve since August 2008. What are my next steps please in helping my son retrieving his outstanding wages.
    All he keeps getting is your get it next week, your get it next week.....
    many thanks in advance
    Paula

Phone Citizens advice bureau or ACAS as a first step. Maybe small claims court.

Failing that hire some large scousers to go round the agency to get the money. Anyone can set a bailiff company on anyone else without reason

Comment

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
      Failing that hire some large scousers to go round the agency to get the money.
      woop woop racist alert
      Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon

Comment

Originally posted by TheRefactornator View Post
        woop woop racist alert

Comment

woop woop racist alert
          You would do well in public office.
          The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

www.payontime.co.uk
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

woop woop racist alert
              Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
              Speak of the Devil!

Comment

It would appear to me that the OP's son is using an Umbrella company for construction workers. So, in the spirit of trying to be helpful, what do you brolly users do when your brolly doesn't get paid by the agent?

I can't answer that because I don't use a brolly.

<EDIT>I Should point out that we don't normally try and be very helpful here because anyone getting paid as an IT Contractor should damn well know what they are doing, but I don't think that in this case the OP is an IT Contractor.
                Last edited by Gonzo; 9 November 2008, 19:12. Reason: Explaining the out of character helpfulness.

Comment

Bravo that muppet!
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
                    Yawn

Comment

Working...
                    X