• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Integrating with permies?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys and bots

To which degree to you try to fit in with the permies, listen to their problems, share private stuff over lunch and so.

I sometimes wonder if I am being too apartheid and sometimes being too Oprah.

How do you guys fare on this issue?
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    i'm sure theres a maths joke in there somewhere
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
      How do you guys fare on this issue?
      I like to pat the girls on the bum as they walk past.
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

It depends on the gig, the culture of the place and how the permies behave.

My last gig it was very sociable with the permies treating the contractors as part of the team and not outsiders, I left there end of June and have been over for several parties since as real friendships were made.

Comment

I always do jokes about not having smaller than a £50 note - and my new ferrari etcetc

Alas they are too thick to understand.......

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I always do jokes about not having smaller than a £50 note - and my new ferrari etcetc

Alas they are too thick to understand.......
            "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

On the outside I'm their best friend happy to do the dirty work and help out with whatever is required, on the inside I'm a ruthless mercenary invoice machine.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Keep asking for loans from them - fiver till Monday - keep moaning about youve had another rate cut and how lucky they are now to have a well paid stable job etc etc

That will give them an artifical sense of superiority whilst you are laughing all the way to the ba- erm Federal Reserve ?

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  On the outside I'm their best friend happy to do the dirty work and help out with whatever is required, on the inside I'm a ruthless mercenary invoice machine.
                  Got it in one
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                    It depends on the gig, the culture of the place and how the permies behave.
                    WHS. I think I've been very lucky with my gigs so far - there was only one where contractors were definitely made to feel like outsiders.
                    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                    X