• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Massacres

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Massacres

Historical Massacres ....

http://abbc.net/islam/english/toread/massac2.htm

discuss!!!

or yawn, just read!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...uicide_attacks

If you talk about massacres you need to check out scale of Nazi crimes first.

While on the subject, can you please list of notable positive (creativity in suicide bombings does not count) things invented by the Palestinians in the last 50 years.

I'll start for Israel - Intel owes big time for Israeli work on fixing problems with Pentium-IV by creating nice clean design that went into Core 2 Duos. Your turn.
    Last edited by AtW; 8 November 2008, 18:40.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...uicide_attacks

If you talk about massacres you need to check out scale of Nazi crimes first.

While on the subject, can you please list of notable positive (creativity in suicide bombings does not count) things invented by the Palestinians in the last 50 years.

I'll start for Israel - Intel owes big time for Israeli work on fixing problems with Pentium-IV by creating nice clean design that went into Core 2 Duos. Your turn.

I see, so because they didn't invent intel they deserve to be massacared...

bit diffiuclt to invent stuff if you are being chased by Israeli guns.

Comment

It's all typical Arab propoganda, just like getting the kids and covering them in blood to make them look like innocent victims of 'stray' bombs.

Linky

Why don't you go out and howl at the moon Sandy?
        "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
          I see, so because they didn't invent intel they deserve to be massacared...
          Wrong conclusion, just like the one to blow up civilians as means of resistance against occupation.

Palestinians quite literally blown their own cause - they should have looked at much smarter resistance technique like one used by Ghandi. Of course the primary reason for this mistake was that Buddism (most popular religion in India) takes completely different view on violence than Islam. The worst I think Buddists did in protest was burning themselves to attract attention to their cause.

bit diffiuclt to invent stuff if you are being chased by Israeli guns.
          It's difficult not to have aimed guns at you if you blow up civilians, frankly given complete superiority in firepower by Israelies is it amazing they did not resort to much harder methods - this is probably due to them being genocided themselves so they avoid doing that and it was the right call.

Generally speaking I support right of people to defend their country - however if that involves primarily killing civilians then that right is forfeited.

One can only wish Buddism was more widespread - this would have helped calm down more than one conflict.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
            Historical Massacres ....

http://abbc.net/islam/english/toread/massac2.htm

discuss!!!

or yawn, just read!!
            Yawn. I would rather clear out my navel fluff.

Comment

This message is hidden because SandyDown is on your ignore list.

Got sick of the incredibly boring "Yawn" to anything she dislikes and the recent spate of religious tosh is just irritating.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                One can only wish Buddism was more widespread - this would have helped calm down more than one conflict.
                Buddhism - like they practise in Japan do you mean?

I think that Religions had their place in reigning in human beings' worst tendencies, but for the last few hundred years they are showing signs of no longer being fit for purpose.

I don't know how this will resolve itself, but I do think that we are currently in a "shake out" phase while one regime is discarded in favour of a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                  This message is hidden because SandyDown is on your ignore list.

Got sick of the incredibly boring "Yawn" to anything she dislikes and the recent spate of religious tosh is just irritating.
                  I preferred Chico

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                    Buddhism - like they practise in Japan do you mean?
                    Good point. Maybe Japanese Buddhism is what extremist Islam to more general Islam. However I think it seems that there is far less violence in Buddhism teachines than in Islam. I certainly don't see many Buddhist monks preaching to kill the infidels, they generally seem to take it easy.

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                    I think that Religions had their place in reigning in human beings' worst tendencies, but for the last few hundred years they are showing signs of no longer being fit for purpose.
                    I agree - sadly Israel is also in a big park driven by religion, just like Palestinians (and many of those who support them), so given artificial limitations on both parties this problem becomes unresolveable but Palestinians have made the worst choice out of all those available, sadly in my view their chosen religion has affected their choice in a very large part.

Comment

Working...
                    X