• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Airline reward programmes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airline reward programmes

Which ones do you think offer the best value? I currently collect BA miles but never seem to be able to get much joy out of them on the dates I want to fly. Any better programmes out there?

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Any better programmes out there?
    Not if you want to fly BA
    Last edited by Moscow Mule; 10 November 2008, 10:06.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I'm on the KLM flying blue scheme

best thing about it is the use of the lounges with free beers and smoking areas in schipol (not been through there for ages though so the smoking area might have gone - PL to advise )

Currently on the Easter Airways scheme as well, although all that seems to do is speed up the internet booking process
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

best thing about it is the use of the lounges with free beers and smoking areas in schipol (not been through there for ages though so the smoking area might have gone - PL to advise )

Currently on the Easter Airways scheme as well, although all that seems to do is speed up the internet booking process
        Ditto on the flying blue scheme.
        B00med!

Comment

Do you know that all this anti-terror legislation as it applies to air-travel is nothing but a way of ensuring you don't game the airline reward programmes.

So, if only frequent travellers got together and said a resounding 'no!' to all these reward programmes, then airline travel would be so much more pleasant for everyone.

On the other hand, those that go out of their way to enter these reward programmes are, ipso facto, the real terrorists.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
            Do you know that all this anti-terror legislation as it applies to air-travel is nothing but a way of ensuring you don't game the airline reward programmes.
            Thanks, didn't know that at all

On the other hand, those that go out of their way to enter these reward programmes are, ipso facto, the real terrorists.

Comment

So, if only frequent travellers got together and said a resounding 'no!' to all these reward programmes, then airline travel would be so much more pleasant for everyone.

You are just the wrong side of incoherent.

What are trying to say?

Frequent Flyers are terrorists?
              Or
              Airlines are terrorists for trying to entice frequent flyers to their airlines?
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

Ditto for KLM/Skyteam.

Yes I can confirm that there is still a smoking lounge on the shengen side but it closes an 9pm.

KLM have changed to the winter schedule now so I just pass through these days.

Most of the european airline schemes seem much of a muchness to me.

For hotels best by far is starwood.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  You are just the wrong side of incoherent.

What are trying to say?

Frequent Flyers are terrorists?
                  Or
                  Airlines are terrorists for trying to entice frequent flyers to their airlines?
                  I am saying, that those frequent flyers that enter frequent flyer schemes, after being made aware of what the anti-terror laws as they apply to air-travel really are, are in league with the terrorists.

Comment

I am saying, that those frequent flyers that enter frequent flyer schemes, after being made aware of what the anti-terror laws as they apply to air-travel really are, are in league with the terrorists.
                    Ok, can you explain "what the anti-terror laws as they apply to air-travel really are" or point me to a relevant resource on the web?

Comment

Working...
                    X