• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have you served in HM Forces?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you served in HM Forces?

This only counts if you gave oath of allegiance to Her Majesty as part of you servince in HM Forces.
    Yes and I served with honour for Her Majesty
    26.92%
    No I did not serve
    53.85%
    AndyW applied on the same day and he beat me to the job, I had to go to IT contracting instead
    19.23%

Didn't do military service but did swear an oath to the Queen and worked very closely with the military for a long number of years and in fact on occasions wore military uniform in a semi-official capacity (sort of honorary thing). Does that count?
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      Does that count?
      No.

Not in the context of this thread with the question being "Btw, would you like to run a straw-poll on the number of ex-military there are on this forum?".

Maybe after this poll we run a more expansive one that will also include your situation, let's hope it won't be necessary

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        No.

Not in the context of this thread with the question being "Btw, would you like to run a straw-poll on the number of ex-military there are on this forum?".

Maybe after this poll we run a more expansive one that will also include your situation, let's hope it won't be necessary
        So where's the option served in the military but not in the UK?
        Me, me, me...

Comment

If you serve secretly for foreign Govt but pretend to be civvie then it does not count! MI6 would like to know that though!

Only HM Forces count here - you may have served elsewhere but it would have to be HM Forces.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            If you serve secretly for foreign Govt but pretend to be civvie then it does not count! MI6 would like to know that though!

Only HM Forces count here - you may have served elsewhere but it would have to be HM Forces.
            Wasn't talking about me, why only HM forces?
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Wasn't talking about me, why only HM forces?
              See linked thread.

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Those of us that have served in HM Forces have done so!

Btw, would you like to run a straw-poll on the number of ex-military there are on this forum? I think you'd be surprised. But hey, don't let facts get in the way of you talking bollocks.
              Hence, poll on who served in HM Forces.

Comment

Yeah AtW, what about the Aussies, the Kiwis, The Samoans, The Fijians et al, all of whom would have sworn allegiance to HM the Queen.

Are you restricting this poll purely to UK ex-personnel?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  Are you restricting this poll purely to UK ex-personnel?
                  I am just doing what you challenged me to do!

Your own words above:

"Btw, would you like to run a straw-poll on the number of ex-military* there are on this forum? "

* - just a line above you discussed HM Forces.

I did not limit people to be British Citizens, any Gurkhas on here should feel free to vote ...

It's not a rigged poll either - unlike the one I was pleased to make for Sandy

Comment

Didn't do military service but did swear an oath to the Queen and worked very closely with the military for a long number of years and in fact on occasions wore military uniform in a semi-official capacity (sort of honorary thing). Does that count?
                    Me too - you have to do it to get a passport for this country. Swear allegiance I mean, not fight
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X