• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cloud Cuckoo Land

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloud Cuckoo Land

Always puzzles me: just why do some people think that they can get paid some money and not pay tax on it?

Because it's only fair?
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
      Always puzzles me: just why do some people think that they can get paid some money and not pay tax on it?
      What puzzles me is that there are way too many people who think everything should be taxed, ffs, why? For example wtf there is a tax on inheritance? If someone earned their money and paid all taxes due (such as income tax or capital gains tax) then it should be their *****ing right to give that money to whoever they deem appropriate without any extra taxes - it's their ****ing money after all.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        What puzzles me is that there are way too many people who think everything should be taxed, ffs, why? For example wtf there is a tax on inheritance? If someone earned their money and paid all taxes due (such as income tax or capital gains tax) then it should be their *****ing right to give that money to whoever they deem appropriate without any extra taxes - it's their ****ing money after all.
        Because it's only fair?
        Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

I don't pay any tax on some of my income - the interest or dividends that I receive in any of my ISAs, which is as designed.

Or did you just want to have a rant about something?

Comment

I avoid paying tax as much as possible. If I had my way there would be no income tax and you have to pay for everything you get (healthcare, schooling etc).
            • I have no kids - no free schooling required
            • I look after myself and don't drive dangerously - no healthcare costs for me so far in my entire life (apart from Dr which I pay for)
            • I don't do crime, so don't cost the justice department anything

So why should I be supporting a bunch of other people??? Sod that. I have already well and truly paid my way from all the tax I have paid, so no more.

And I have a tax-free plan as well, but it requires several passports (which I have) and lots of moving...

Comment

Originally posted by Stan.goodvibes View Post
              I avoid paying tax as much as possible. If I had my way there would be no income tax and you have to pay for everything you get (healthcare, schooling etc).
              • I have no kids - no free schooling required
              • I look after myself and don't drive dangerously - no healthcare costs for me so far in my entire life (apart from Dr which I pay for)
              • I don't do crime, so don't cost the justice department anything

So why should I be supporting a bunch of other people??? Sod that. I have already well and truly paid my way from all the tax I have paid, so no more.

And I have a tax-free plan as well, but it requires several passports (which I have) and lots of moving...
              Would you rather they let everyone in jail out?
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by Stan.goodvibes View Post
                [*]I have no kids - no free schooling required[*]I look after myself and don't drive dangerously - no healthcare costs for me so far in my entire life (apart from Dr which I pay for)[*]I don't do crime, so don't cost the justice department anything[/LIST]
                The ironic thing is that you fully pay taxes for all that despite being good citizen who does not do crime or overuse medical system or schooling, but you sure pay taxes in full to support that

Comment

On this site you will find people who will defend Paedophiles but who would find what you just said disgusting
                  Last edited by Bagpuss; 10 November 2008, 21:31.
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                    Would you rather they let everyone in jail out?
                    These days, it seems that they do anyway.

It's only fair.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                    X