• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A Blackadder Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Blackadder Question

Do any of you have any of the audio books of Blackadder? I'm thinking of getting my son them but wondered if they would be suitable? Are they just the soundtrack of the TV shows, in which case I can probably just lift that off the DVD's myself, or do they have anything in them that describes what is going on/describes the scene?

He's been listening to the Red Dwarf series of late and these are just the TV soundtrack as far as I can make out.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

I can't answer your question but I can recommend the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy audio books

Comment

He's done them already
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I also recommend Asimov's Foundation series

Comment

This would suggest that they are just the soundtrack.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/RFYN0...cm_cr_rdp_perm

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
            This would suggest that they are just the soundtrack.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/RFYN0...cm_cr_rdp_perm
            Cheers figured they would be - I'll just strip that from the box set that I have.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
              Do any of you have any of the audio books of Blackadder? I'm thinking of getting my son them but wondered if they would be suitable? Are they just the soundtrack of the TV shows, in which case I can probably just lift that off the DVD's myself, or do they have anything in them that describes what is going on/describes the scene?

He's been listening to the Red Dwarf series of late and these are just the TV soundtrack as far as I can make out.
              I am certain that Beeb soundtracks have helpful commentary. Seem to remember Fawlty Towers having just that.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                I also recommend Asimov's Foundation series
                Would they be suitable for an 11 year old or would they be over his head?

I preferred version 1!

Comment

how about the mighty boosh radio series?

I've got it on CD... listened to it and still haven't quite got into it... you're welcome to have it if you want it
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    how about the mighty boosh radio series?

I've got it on CD... listened to it and still haven't quite got into it... you're welcome to have it if you want it
                    I offered a UML book & CD-ROM recently to a forum member for free... never heard back. You are wasting your time!

Comment

Working...
                    X