• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

sasguru - Pharma will save the UK economy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sasguru - Pharma will save the UK economy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/7722326.stm

The pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is to close its factory in Kent in 2013 with the loss of hundreds of jobs.

About 620 people are expected to be affected when the Dartford site closes.

The firm, which is the world's second largest drug-maker, announced in July that its Sussex site would close in 2011 with the loss of 493 jobs.

Boomed!

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/7722326.stm

The pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is to close its factory in Kent in 2013 with the loss of hundreds of jobs.

About 620 people are expected to be affected when the Dartford site closes.

The firm, which is the world's second largest drug-maker, announced in July that its Sussex site would close in 2011 with the loss of 493 jobs.

Boomed!
    I am sure they can be replaced by jobs in the city.

Comment

They closed most of Dartford a few years back. It's not a big part of their network anymore.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

When SmithKiline and Glaxo merged there were too many sites. This news has probably driven the share price up.
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

When I was there I worked on the GW site rationalisation when Dartford was closed. When they merged to form GSK they simply added a load of extra sites into the mix.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

You worked with that Indian woman with the mad hair!
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Yes - Millie

Dead thin and always smoking outside Greenford - as was I except for the dead thin bit!

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Did you wear Esu jeans or whatever they are called?

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  Did you wear Esu jeans or whatever they are called?
                  Well I wore jeans!

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Dark short hair, always on your mobile?

Comment

Working...
                    X