• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Going back to my youth................Yeah

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going back to my youth................Yeah

I was starting to feel old at 33 so here's what I did.

Bought two guitars, a bass and an accoustic and started to learn them again, just like the good old days.

Bought Breakdance the movie, beat street, the warriors and the Wanderers on DVD.

Felt great playing the guitars and watching the films of the 80's. For a little while I felt 14 again.

What films and stuff would take you back a few years?

Anderson shelters threaded?
    Last edited by xinetd.d; 15 September 2005, 09:31.

The Persuaders

Comment

Petrocelli - I wonder if he ever finished his house... I really used to have the hots for his wife...
      Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
      You know you'll need us!

Comment

The who.

and yes I'd also considered getting a guitar, but only brefly, I'd be no good!
        SA says;
        Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by xinetd.d
          Bought two guitars, a base and an accoustic
          bass

acoustic

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
            The Persuaders

Comment

For me it would have to be Pamela Wolstenholme or Tracey Cunningham as I couldn't have either when I was 14.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

As a lad, Winona Ryder did it for me. Corr! And Jennifer Love-Hewitt, for reasons I still do not understand.

Italia 90.

Music by Nirvana and Sepultura.

Anyone remember Nightmare? Greetings, Traveller, dare you wear the big helmet?
                Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

"Anyone remember Nightmare? Greetings, Traveller, dare you wear the big helmet?"

Yes it was sh1t. Used to set the video to record dangermouse though.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by WageSlave
                    Anyone remember Nightmare? Greetings, Traveller, dare you wear the big helmet?
                    Yup. It was rubbish.

"Walk forward. Keep going. Bit more. Stop! Left a bit."

Yawn.... zzzzzzzz...... And the 'actors' that played the characters that the traveller would meet were shocking.

Rentaghost was a much better option!
                    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
                    X