• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doomed

Cheer up everyone:

http://www.howitends.co.uk/

Meanwhile more insanity from the TUC:
    http://news.uk.msn.com/Article.aspx?...entid=10884567

"there can be no case that poverty level benefits keep unemployment down" LOL

Increase benefits, increase the long term 'standing army' of dolies from 1 to 3 million, plus an extra new 2 million people who actually WANT to work but can't and you get 5 million on the dole.

We don't subscribe to doom mongery here.

I've already pointed out the Credit Crunch ™ is a sham.

A few people are getting very powerful and very rich under the pretence of these bailouts of public money.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      We don't subscribe to doom mongery here.

I've already pointed out the Credit Crunch ™ is a sham.

A few people are getting very powerful and very rich under the pretence of these bailouts of public money.

Aye DP

You are on the few people who can see the Bailout for what it was - a massive scam - a massive Welfare package by the departing US Neo-Cons for greedy Wall St execs whose lust for money got us into this jam.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
        Aye DP

You are on the few people who can see the Bailout for what it was - a massive scam - a massive Welfare package by the departing US Neo-Cons for greedy Wall St execs whose lust for money got us into this jam.
        I also liked the Lehman transfer of a huge sum from their UK operation to the US, hours before the collapse. Thanks to that, Lehman's Americans got bonuses, Brits didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
          I also liked the Lehman transfer of a huge sum from their UK operation to the US, hours before the collapse. Thanks to that, Lehman's Americans got bonuses, Brits didn't.
          You say that like it was a bad thing.

The UK recession is going to be the worst in the western world. If the money had sayed in the UK it would have been wasted. At least in the US there is a possibility that some 'western culture' may survive the changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
            You say that like it was a bad thing.

The UK recession is going to be the worst in the western world. If the money had sayed in the UK it would have been wasted. At least in the US there is a possibility that some 'western culture' may survive the changes.
            Can quite figure out why the money would have been wasted had it remained in the UK ?

Comment

Originally posted by GreenerGrass View Post
              Cheer up everyone:

http://www.howitends.co.uk/
              Jesus, I thought I was a pessimist.

Comment

Alarmist nonsense.

Weve still got the best - Posh and Becks.

Not to mention Kate Moss and Mrs Doyle.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
                  Can quite figure out why the money would have been wasted had it remained in the UK ?
                  There is no manufacturing in the UK so the money would have been exported when importing manufactured goods.

In the US there is still quite a bit of manufacturing so the money will roll around the economy for a good while longer than it would in the UK.

This may well be long enough for western style civilisation to survive and this money will help. The UK will not survive this recession.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
                    There is no manufacturing in the UK so the money would have been exported when importing manufactured goods.

In the US there is still quite a bit of manufacturing so the money will roll around the economy for a good while longer than it would in the UK.

This may well be long enough for western style civilisation to survive and this money will help. The UK will not survive this recession.
                    Thanks - with Obama very much against outsourcing and the UK nothing left to outsource - yes - you have a point.

Perhaps Russia might step in to buy up the UK - at least Buck Palace is still an attraction for tourism ?

I was going to say the UK as still got Posh and Becks - but no theyre in the US as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X