• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best magic trick you've seen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best magic trick you've seen

In a half-cut state I once watched a man perform a magic trick on the street that left me amazed. No camera tricks, no sleeves, no stooges. The trick involved displaying a silk scarf and after some ado, pushing it into a fist, opening the hands and showing both sides of the hand. The scarf was gone. Only much later did I discover how this trick was done (answer below, just select/highlight the whole text).

I've got a few simple devices for doing small magic tricks, and some of these are very cunningly made. What's the best magic trick you've seen?

The magician wears a false thumb, and while he appears to push the silk scarf into his fist, he's actually pushing it into this false thumb. You don't get close enough to see the fake thumb, and he doesn't keep the hands still either.

I thought the Wall St bailout package was a pretty good trick.

Hey Presto - youve just won a Billion Bucks !

Comment

Iron Chancellor into Crap PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        In a half-cut state I once watched a man perform a magic trick on the street that left me amazed. No camera tricks, no sleeves, no stooges. The trick involved displaying a silk scarf and after some ado, pushing it into a fist, opening the hands and showing both sides of the hand. The scarf was gone. Only much later did I discover how this trick was done (answer below, just select/highlight the whole text).

I've got a few simple devices for doing small magic tricks, and some of these are very cunningly made. What's the best magic trick you've seen?

The magician wears a false thumb, and while he appears to push the silk scarf into his fist, he's actually pushing it into this false thumb. You don't get close enough to see the fake thumb, and he doesn't keep the hands still either.
        The old Fake Thumb, was it?

Comment

A magician asked me to pick a card and then place it back in the deck.

He cut the cards and pulled out the card I had chosen!

Fooking stunningly amazing. I now believe in magic.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
            The old Fake Thumb, was it?
            How did you guess?

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
              How did you guess?
              Because I collect magic tricks. I am the worst (and I mean worst) magician on the planet, but like knowing how they work. Best (for the price) ever is Deep Astonishment with the Rising Card trick thrown in to give it a touch of sparkle.

Comment

One where they guy said that someone had drawn a house, with a sun, a matchstalk cat, and written cat. That was mine.

How on earth could he know, answer also below

its called the one ahead trick. The first envelope was from a stooge in the audience. While he described the stooges picture, he was actually looking at mine. the stooge nodded. The second envelope, he described mine but was looking at someone elses piccie.

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  One where they guy said that someone had drawn a house, with a sun, a matchstalk cat, and written cat. That was mine.

How on earth could he know, answer also below

its called the one ahead trick. The first envelope was from a stooge in the audience. While he described the stooges picture, he was actually looking at mine. the stooge nodded. The second envelope, he described mine but was looking at someone elses piccie.

Uri Geller, Derren Brown et al can read the top of the pen they supply. Ever noticed that the pen is always rather long? That's so they can see it move.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
                    Because I collect magic tricks. I am the worst (and I mean worst) magician on the planet, but like knowing how they work. Best (for the price) ever is Deep Astonishment with the Rising Card trick thrown in to give it a touch of sparkle.
                    Are you sure you didn't just highlight the text like the OP suggested?

Comment

Working...
                    X