• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Client having a party and we cant come

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Client having a party and we cant come

Client is having a Christmas party and only invited the permies!!! Can they do this legally as all us contractors are very upset and thinking of complaining to the union or taking this issue up with HR….

Its sooooooooo unfair

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
    Client is having a Christmas party and only invited the permies!!! Can they do this legally as all us contractors are very upset and thinking of complaining to the union or taking this issue up with HR….

Its sooooooooo unfair
    One out - all out.......

Its only fair.

Comment

Have a contractor-only party and show them how it's really done.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
        Have a contractor-only party and show them how it's really done.
        Preferably at the slightly more up market venue next-door, with a big sign saying "No dirty permie scum allowed".
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          Preferably at the slightly more up market venue next-door, with a big sign saying "No dirty permie scum allowed".
          This was just a p*** take of takeaguess's post but I like this idea

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            Did this a citibank - deliberately at the Manoir so only contractors and managers could afford it.

We didn't bother with the sign though........

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
              Client is having a Christmas party and only invited the permies!!! Can they do this legally as all us contractors are very upset
              No. It's against the Making Contractors Upset (Prohibition) Act of 1997.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

We didn't bother with the sign though........

Wasted opportunity...
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Re your sig

Probably Ben Collins maybe

Comment

I was at a place where one of the contractors send an email to everyone inviting contractors only to a very swish do as a reply to the "Permies only Xmas do in a scout hut - free mince pie"

It certainly ruffled a few feathers!

Comment

Working...
                    X