• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gary Numan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gary Numan

Just heard him on the radio. Pleasantly surprised. Anyone remember him?
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

I stayed at a Hilton next to Norwich airport in 1996. My ex went upstairs - I paid bill and followed - pushed past some weed looking oddly at me. My ex said "did you see Gary Numan". Seems I pushed him out of the way...

Sorry Gary.

Comment

Yes. He used to live in his car. And his friends were electric.

Comment

Remember him! I was in love with him
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I stayed at a Hilton next to Norwich airport in 1996. My ex went upstairs - I paid bill and followed - pushed past some weed looking oddly at me. My ex said "did you see Gary Numan". Seems I pushed him out of the way...

Sorry Gary.
          I remember seeing Craig Charles in the lobby in a hotel near Maidstone. Rather foolishly I decided to play cool and ignore him, instead of getting him to sign my Red Dwarf book.
          Another time apparently I was in the queue to check in a hotel in Glasgow with Jason Orange. Except I didn't (and still don't) know what "Jason Orange" is.
          Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

I thought he just died a month or so back?

Comment

Still played in our house
              Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Once had a pint with some bloke who narrowly missed-out on being in the Stone Roses. They elbowed him just before signing the Big One. Unsurprising, he was as bitter as fook.

Does that count?

Comment

I was on the table next to Noel Gallagher and Meg Matthews a few years ago. I was sat behind Mike Baldwin on a flight once, next to Jimmy Corkhill on a train and was almost ran over by Bryan 'detachable shoulders' Robson.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
                    Just heard him on the radio. Pleasantly surprised. Anyone remember him?
                    Didn't he do a forced landing / crashed his plane into one of you fellows back garden many moons ago?

Comment

Working...
                    X