• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed in Switzerland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed in Switzerland

Left doom and gloom blighty 4 weeks ago ... and came to Zurich to work.

BOOMED!!!

Having a ball ...

Have you been to the 'Crazy Cow' yet?

Comment

Originally posted by bobsmithldn View Post

BOOMED!!!

Having a ball ...

The market is quite down in Switzerland too. There are not so many opportunities as there were 1 or 2 years ago. I am not actively looking but I check from time to time and the job adverts are way less than what they used to be.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by bobsmithldn View Post

BOOMED!!!

Having a ball ...

Welcome to Switzerland Bob. Party time...
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Welcome to Switzerland Bob. Party time...
          You'll better tell him now... he won't see the sun for the next 5 months...
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
            The market is quite down in Switzerland too. There are not so many opportunities as there were 1 or 2 years ago. I am not actively looking but I check from time to time and the job adverts are way less than what they used to be.

quiet

Comment

Zurich

AFAIHH, owing to recessionarry conditions in Germany, Zurich is awash with Germans, so the accommodation and job market is a lot tighter and non-German speaking applicant s are now at a distinct disadvantage.

Not sure if anybody knows better, or can comment.
              There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Sun

Originally posted by Francko View Post
                You'll better tell him now... he won't see the sun for the next 5 months...
                That will probably make him homesick

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
                  AFAIHH, owing to recessionarry conditions in Germany, Zurich is awash with Germans, so the accommodation and job market is a lot tighter and non-German speaking applicant s are now at a distinct disadvantage.

Not sure if anybody knows better, or can comment.
                  I read that in a German newspaper article in 2005 or 2006. Do you mean even more so now?

Comment

Zurich

Originally posted by expat View Post
                    I read that in a German newspaper article in 2005 or 2006. Do you mean even more so now?
                    Heard it from a mate over there. Been looking to move over to CH for a while now, but family committments among other things have stopped the move.

He reckons its getting more difficult to find decent accommodation and that for work, the CH will (I suppose for obvious reasons), take a German speaker over a non german speaker in most cases even if the workign language is English.

That is only one persons opinion, so consider the viewpoint accordingly

Comment

Working...
                    X