• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Load of balls

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Load of balls

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/f...olf-balls.html

The move was criticised by the captain of the House of Commons golf team, Humfrey Malins, the MP for Woking, Surrey.

Mr Malins was playing a round on a course in his constituency when he found a golf ball marked UKTI.

He recognised the initials as those of UK Trade and Investment, a government body answering to Lord Mandelson's Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform and tabled a parliamentary question to Gareth Thomas, the minister directly responsible for UKTI.

He was told that UKTI has paid £12,030.50 on branded balls in the last three years.

Mr Malins described it as a "complete waste of taxpayer's money".

He said: "To think that the Government has been spending over £4,000 a year on golf balls is quite ridiculous.

"I'm not sure if Lord Mandelson is a golfer himself but I would like a personal assurance from him that the Government is going to halt this extraordinary spending."

Mark Wallace, campaign director of the Taxpayers' Alliance, said: "This is an utterly ridiculous waste of taxpayer's money with millions of people struggling to make ends meet and worrying about their jobs.

Just another day in slimy Mandy's trough swilling of taxpayers money I'm sure.

How many balls does £12,030.50 buy?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      How many balls does £12,030.50 buy?
      From a party donor? I'd hazard one or two...

Comment

Mr Malins described it as a "complete waste of taxpayer's money".

But is it ?

I think not.

Standing on a golf course
        Dressed in PVC
        I chanced upon a golf girl
        Selling cups of tea
        And of course I had to have one
        In fact I ordered three
        So I could watch the Golf Girl
        See - she fancied me

And on the Golf Course
        We talk in morse ...
        Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 13 November 2008, 09:48.

Comment

Working...
        X