• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

uk police state wants to hold suspects for 3 months without charge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uk police state wants to hold suspects for 3 months without charge

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4247638.stm

I say indefinately. Terrorists and their apologists/appeasers watch out
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Just think Chico, you just voted to be locked up forever, all it needs is for one of us to convince a copper that you are plotting a terror campaign.

The Police or the spooks or Govt. should have to present evidence in some form of court of law to validate to detention of any suspect.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I dont buy that argument show me anyone who has been wrongly caged for terrorist offences. They are all guilty.
        Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Chico, you say Terrorist, some say "Freedom Fighter" the UN says FUCTIFINO!
          Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
          You know you'll need us!

Comment

Sometimes Chico, I don't know whether you're an ignorant god botherer or just an excellent troll.

How about the Guildford 4?

Comment

show me anyone who has been wrongly caged for terrorist offences
              I wouldn't try asking any Irish Republicans that question!

I think it looks quite likely that there was at least one wrongful conviction during the IRA bombing campaign. I've no sympathy for ANY terrorist organisation, but I prefer to put the guilty parties in jail, not the innocent, even if they do sympathise with the terrorists
              Life is just nature's way of keeping meat fresh

Comment

Chico

Chico, this does not apply to the specific crime, its the principal of detention without trial.

Since you are a fine upstanding white citizen with christian principals which seem to blinker you from the fact that sweeping laws that affect our individual freedoms are not going to solve the problem, nor are they good for society as whole. You are not in the target demographic so why should you care.

The problem is that when the threat changes, the laws will prevail giving the government access to every aspect of your life.

Terrorists can be detained without trial anyway(Look what is happening at the moment) so I am not too sure why the laws need to be amended even more.

Are you not the slightest bit suspicious of the governments intentions?

Or is your rigid attitude based more on the theological demographic that these laws would presently be targeting?

Detention without charge is the hallmark of a police state and I would rather live with the percieved greater risk of being bombed or victim of a terrorist atrocity then living in a society where its easier for the state to intrude in your life at any time.
                There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Bottom line

I'd accept it as a useful law. If it actually made any difference at all to my chances of being blown up.

Papers, papers, can I see your papers?
                  Taxpayer, halt or I'll shoot. Raus, raus taxpayer!
                  Why not?

Comment

Chico, we have a chicken and egg situation.

How do you know that the people who have been locked up as terrorists actualy ARE terrorist? Where is the supporting evidence....... do you see?

I seem to remember anti terror laws being used against some tibetan freedom protestors during the chinese delegation visit last year.
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X