• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permie announcements that ring alarm bells

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permie announcements that ring alarm bells

either in an interview or starting a new contract ..

"I've been in IT here ever since I left school, and you'll be maintaining my code"

"I joined here after University, where I did an MSc in computing, and you'll be using the framework I wrote"

"I never asked for a contractor. I don't think we need one at the moment"

any more?
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Here are your holiday request forms, here's the form you need to fill in if you are sick, here's HR's phone number if you need any help, here's the company uniform.

Comment

How did you feel when you heard you'd got this interview?
      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

"SO, you're a woman eh? we've never had one of those on the team before"
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          either in an interview or starting a new contract ..

"I've been in IT here ever since I left school, and you'll be maintaining my code"

"I joined here after University, where I did an MSc in computing, and you'll be using the framework I wrote"

"I never asked for a contractor. I don't think we need one at the moment"

any more?
          "Someone's just keyed your Porsche".

Comment

"I used to be a contractor. I drive a ford focus. I used to have dodgy neighbours"

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Here are your holiday request forms, here's the form you need to fill in if you are sick, here's HR's phone number if you need any help, here's the company uniform.

I've got a company laptop and mobile! The boss has been asking me to submit holiday request form for any days I want over Christmas, I'll just ignore it and let him know on the day if I feel a bit sick and fancy a lie in.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

"well, it used to be all trees round here, and it was much better without any new-fangled technology."
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Oh - you're the new temp then?
                  Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    I've got a company laptop and mobile! The boss has been asking me to submit holiday request form for any days I want over Christmas, I'll just ignore it and let him know on the day if I feel a bit sick and fancy a lie in.
                    According to the stars for MrsF this week, her "boss is being a b1tch". I took offense at that.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X