• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

John Major in The Times

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Major in The Times

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle5141436.ece

A splendid piece of writing, and he saved the best line until last.

What's grey and smells of Curry?

Comment

Nice link, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        What's grey and smells of Curry?
        My duvet.

Comment

You don't think that he could be slightly biased, and perhaps a little bit bitter about being voted out of office, do you?
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            You don't think that he could be slightly biased, and perhaps a little bit bitter about being voted out of office, do you?
            No.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
              http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle5141436.ece

A splendid piece of writing, and he saved the best line until last.
              Why should I read anything that moron writes? He p**sed away (saint)Thatcher's legacy. Almost everything I dislike about Liebour was introduced by Major then extended by Liebour.

It wont make any difference who wins the next election - their policies are almost the same.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Why should I read anything that moron writes? He p**sed away (saint)Thatcher's legacy. Almost everything I dislike about Liebour was introduced by Major then extended by Liebour.

It wont make any difference who wins the next election - their policies are almost the same.
                Naughty! Major's Gov. was seen as being sleazy, and that coloured the Public's opinion of their economic abilities. Fact is: Major's piece for The Times is just a reiteration of what everyone else is saying, namely, that Brown's peed our economy up the wall.

Comment

I like John Major. Any man who can lose a general election and then spend the afternoon watching cricket at Lords has my undying admiration. Gladstone himself couldn’t have done it better.

And he’s right of course. We need to cut taxes and not borrow to make up the difference. The only option is for Mr Broone to cull some of his Turkey Army*, and just in time for Christmas as well!

*Those non-job, local-government posts you see advertised in The Guardian. Because these jobs are wholly reliant on Labour remaining in power, the people in these jobs will forever be labour voters, which is why the Labour Party created them in the first place. Named because turkeys don’t vote for Christmas!
                  When money ceases to be the tool by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice - Ayn Rand, Atlas.

Comment

At last somebody is speaking out about 'Low Debt Britain' and all of the 'hidden' debt. 'Low Debt Britain' are Brown's words from last week in his press conference, and the Tories must now go on the attack and expose this lie which I think is now killing the pound.

Public spending cuts must be made!! If I had massive debts I would have to cut back on spending, and so must Brown.

Comment

Working...
                    X