• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Visitor Visa to contract in UK?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business Visitor Visa to contract in UK?

Hi,

I would like to work in London. Does anyone know if it is possible to set yourself up with an off-shore company and get contract work in the UK and just pop over to Paris every 90 days? Any advice?

I am from Australia, too old for working holiday visa. I would qualify for a highly skilled migrant visa, but I have heard that takes a long while to process.

Thanks in advance

Geoff

Your second name isn't Ponting is it? looking for a new job in the UK?

Comment

Just wait at Calais and jump in the back of the next lorry like everyone else.

Comment

First off: Doubt an agency or client would touch you even if it was quasi legal. If the authorities started investigating would cause a huge headache for both agency and client, with possible huge fines for both.
        Second: Doubt just popping over to Paris would mean much these days, still the EU

Go for the skilled migrant visa, while it can take a while sometimes, it is no where near as long and as complicated as say the US versions

Comment

Originally posted by glamb
          Hi,

I would like to work in London. Does anyone know if it is possible to set yourself up with an off-shore company and get contract work in the UK and just pop over to Paris every 90 days? Any advice?

Geoff
          I'll ignore the question of whether this is morally or legally allowed (I think that you know *that* answer). But from a technical pov, no it doesn't work like this, going to Paris for the day does not restart the 90 day clock.

HTH

HAND

Tim

Comment

Working...
          X