• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So far, I quite like this recession...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far, I quite like this recession...

My mortgage is now at a rate of 3.65%, meaning my payments are now below £200/month
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Wait until unemployment and new taxes on the "well off" kick in.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      My mortgage is now at a rate of 3.65%, meaning my payments are now below £200/month
      And if it's an average house it is losing you >£2000 a month . Does that make you feel good also. Do you have any pension/investments? What about after 6 months on the bench, no prospect of work and wifey has left you. Won't be so smug then will you.

Comment

It's only losing £2000 a month if you're in negative equity. And even then, it's only realised when you sell it. Recessions are usually beneficial for those who manage to stay in work.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Me too.

My BTL in Glasgow has increased in value by 6% in the last quarter if I'm to believe the BBC which is also mortgaged with the abbey and since the drop in interest they've passed on the rental income is almost double the mortgage.

I'm loven the recession
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            It's only losing £2000 a month if you're in negative equity. And even then, it's only realised when you sell it. Recessions are usually beneficial for those who manage to stay in work.
            Well said.
            The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
              And if it's an average house it is losing you >£2000 a month . Does that make you feel good also. Do you have any pension/investments? What about after 6 months on the bench, no prospect of work and wifey has left you. Won't be so smug then will you.
              - It was only worth £70K when we bought it
              - No stocks or pension to worry about
              - Not on the bench
              - Prospect of work already
              - Wife not bothered about being well off

Someone sounds a bit bitter...

Comment

Living in a 70k house i'd suggest she has no choice

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                - It was only worth £70K when we bought it
                Wife not bothered about being well off

Comment

Lol.

Houses are reasonably priced up north, it would have been £400k in Guildford or some dump like that.

value of house != earnings of those who live in it... it was bought on a modest programming salary when we got married and were skint

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    It's only losing £2000 a month if you're in negative equity.
                    Not it isn't. YOU might only be losing money if the value sinks below what you paid (and then you sell it), but the house loses value whatever the state of your personal finances !

Comment

Working...
                    X