• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Trouble, and legal advice…

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Trouble, and legal advice…

As you well know I have had a strange handling Focus. They did not have any grey ones, so I got a black one. If only they had a grey one, all would be well I am sure…….

Anyhow – small dealer detected a computer error code as the reason that the electric power steering pump was asked to work too fast. I heard some screeching noises from this pump, as has the AA chap and the small dealer.

Now that the code is cleared, the pump seems to be working fine, hence the main dealer who the small dealer reports to is refusing to sign off a new pump.

Car only 8 months old, and has had strange steering for a while, hence my argument is that the computer fault will have taken years off the life of the pump.

Small dealer are good – currently got a loan car from them while the mechanic is using mine as a runaround to try to get the noises back to prove to the main dealer.

Legal bit – if they cannot get the noise back, and considering I have lost faith in the power steering pump, legally what can I do?

The only option I see is to just accept the car back reluctantly, or, insist on keeping the loan car until they send the boys round. Which is last resort as I hold the small dealer in a very high regard, proper family firm and decent chaps.

Whatever happens looks like I will need to get an aftermarket warranty once my 36K mile one expires, which will be another 7 months (already on 20K).

An interesting experience using a Ka on the M62 daily, but, feels safer than my Focus did!

Whether you'd bought a black one or a grey one, thats what happens when you buy crap fords!
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Buy Japanese car next time.

Comment

I used to have a focus and I liked it.... mine was black though.
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
          I used to have a focus and I liked it.... mine was black though.
          Aww.... She likes a black Focus

We have to meet.

Mind you, only have a purple Ka in the interim.....

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
            We have to meet.
            You must have Audi A3 for that.

HTH

2uk.

Comment

Aww.... She likes a black Focus

We have to meet.

Mind you, only have a purple Ka in the interim.....
              The car doesn't make the man, Wilmslow!
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                The car doesn't make the man, Wilmslow!
                Just as well - as a permie I cannot afford an A3!

Comment

Just as well - as a permie I cannot afford an A3!
                  I don't drive an A3.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    I don't drive an A3.
                    Back in yer Kennel Churchie - this hot puppy is mine, all mine

Comment

Working...
                    X